Sign in to follow this  
Guest peterpc12james

how real is this NG soundset?

Guest peterpc12james

I have been a passenger on the NG a lot lately, and the takeoff pitch of the engines is a very loud "fanny" sound, not the oooooooooo sound that is produced with this soundset. Should the high pitch whine on this soundset be more "fanny"?Peter

Guest Lord_Of_Acid

as i wrote in my earlier post, the sound need to be more aggressive and pulsating, the ka-ka-ka sound like =). think it is the ignitionspark---> explosion ---> sound =)i work on the 800 and been on various locations during flight, take-off n landing. cept for the hold tho. no one let me be there.Aft cabin is more of the sound the PMDG has today i believe. From mid cabin and forward to L1 door, sound is very loud. Best position hearing the roar is seated on jumpseat next to L1 since the door aint sealed enough.The sound in cockpit is just a lil less high cause of partitionwalls, toilet etc. Also, 737 is an old construction. the aero dynamics in the front issimilar to a cube..... wind whine gets high....The windtunnel test when 707 was under development must be same as an hairdryer, some paperstripes glued on a 1:100 scale model.

Guest jumpjet

HiQuote: 'Best position hearing the roar is seated on jumpseat next to L1 since the door aint sealed enough' UnquoteBlimey!..... I hope you meant 'sound proofed'.....lol :-eek ;) Graham

I think you are spot on here, the PMDG takeoff sounds lack the spool up whine of the real thing, however the sounds for remaining flight stages are great.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."