Sign in to follow this  
Guest Martial

Plan route

Guest Martial

Hello !Thank you PMDG for that fantastic plane that is the 737 NG !I don't have a lot of experience of navigation in that plane, or in Flight Simulator (only VFR flights since the version 2000 of FS).I have FS Navigator, and FS Build, it is really easy to make plan routes with those programs, and export them in RTE format for the FMC of the PMDG 737 NG. Anyway, most of the routes goes directly at the begining of the appropriate runway, but not in the same course a little bit before, so if I want to have a chance to intercept the glide, not when I am right on the runway, and the AP turns dramatically at this time, at the ground level, making a "bank angle" and a crashe; I have to disengage the LNAV and VNAV and go myself out of the route, go around and turn in the direction of the runway to try to intercept the glide of the ILS at around 3000 feets. Is it possible to make a route that makes me arrive directly to the same course as the runway, to catch automatically the glide, with FSNavigator or FSBuild?? The runway on destination given by the program is always the best? Or is there something I should notice to change myself the runway destination, because I arrive by this direction, so I should use a runway adequate?... Right or Left?...Same question about the departure, often I take of from a runway given by fsnav or fsbuild, but my route is in the opposite direction, and after take off, the plane have to make a big turn aroud to go to the right direction...Well sorry for having so much questions, but if one of you could explain me those things, I think I will understand a lot of navigation routes...ThanksMartial3 NM from LFST

Guest Martial

ok, thank you for your post, I will look at the SID/STAR proc

Guest Martial

Is there a SID/STAR procedure in FSBUILD too?ThanksMartial

Guest Martial

I don't see where ask FSBUILD using a SID/STAR approach, it seems already using it, but when I generate a route, this route don't take me in the course of the runway... nobody have a idea?ThanksMartial

Guest Martial

144 persons read this message, nobody's have some experience to share? By looking the posts, a lot of flightsim users are using FSBuild, and says that it is the best for planning routes, don't you have that problem that the route is not corresponding to the right course of the runway? Are you all cutting LNAV and VNAV 30 NM before, to make a turn around to align your airplane to the right course of the runway to make a chance to intercept the glide in a reasonable distance to follow the descent and make a full ILS cat III ??? I don't want to stess anywone by reposting my question, but I think that this is a major point of using the flight routes, this will be usefull for a lot of new flighsim members as I amThanks for your opinionsMartialLFST

>Are you all cutting LNAV and VNAV 30 NM before, to make a turn >around to align your airplane to the right course of the runway to >make a chance to intercept the glide in a reasonable distance to >follow the descent and make a full ILS cat III ??? >>I don't want to stess anywone by reposting my question, but I think that this is a major point of using the flight routes, this will be >usefull for a lot of new flighsim members as I amBasically yes, that is what you would do. You would either follow the radar vectors from Air Traffic Control, go direct to the destination then join the stadard traffic pattern for the approach, or position your aircraft so that you can join approach without having to make a large sharp turn.Actually this very same question came up in another thread about a week ago.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=35786&page=6How to go about transitioning from the Arrival to the Approach is apparently an issue that is mystifying to many novice/new Flight Simmers.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Martial

Thanks a lot Ernie.Martial

Guest Rudo

Hi,Things can get very confusing. You just have to gather information from the Internet, and by looking at charts. Before I plan a flight, I try to find charts for both airports (navdata.at is a very good source). Than I figure out which runway to takeoff from and on which runway I want to land. Most Airport Charts have SID/STAR's by name or direction to choose from. Write down the name for the departure airport with the SID eg. EHAM>RWY09>ARNHEM1 and for the airport with the STAR eg. BATEL4Z>RWY8L>EDDT. Both FSBuild and FSNavigator use the same names.Than I hit the Autoroute button. Export the plan for use with AS2004, Radar Contact or MSFS. I like to programm the FMC myself...Take a good look at the plan and write down the names of the airways and the name of the first and last waypoint on that airway. This way you don't have to programm every waypoint into the FMC, just the first and last waypoint on an airway.eg.ARNHEMOLN UL980Which means from ARNHEM to OLN using airway UL980 via all the waypoints between ARNHEM and OLN. Do this for every airway in the plan. If there is no airway use DIRECT...It takes some practice but I find planning routes almost more fun than the actual flying, but don't tell anyone I have said that...Just fly the tutorial a couple of times and take it from there. The FMC will tell you when you make a mistake, and beleive me, it is most likely you who has made it ;-)Good luck,Rudi Langezaal

Guest Martial

Thanks a lot Rudi for your precisions, it seems not easy, but I will practise on the tutorials. I'm sure that with practice I will find fun like you to planning routes.Regards,Martial