Sign in to follow this  
Guest jasonwinn

PMDG 737 Causing major problem

Guest Ray CYYZ

Just for reference sake, I threw FS9 with the NG and FS Navigator on my work machine + Norton Antivirus (corporate)+ Zone Labs Integrity Client (corporate) + a million other little things installed and do not see your problem at all.You wouldn't happen to be doing something like overclocking which is having the PMDG bird push your system over the edge eh?It might explain the unexplainable. PMDG obviously will make your system run hotter as it will keep you at the 100% level on both CPU & graphics.Ray

First off, the fast writes setting in the BIOS is definitely not going to make your autopilot turn off!Secondly - could this be a heat issue with the Radeon? Do you have proper airflow and cooling inside your case? Is the fan on the video card chipset still turning? Garbled artifacts like that onscreen are what happens when a card overheats... You're not overclocking the card right?Also, have you tried runing in full-screen mode and seeing if anything like this happens there too?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest jasonwinn

Thanks for installing that stuff to see if you would get the same result Ray.The video card is not overclocked and never been overclocked. I have played several games for long periods of time, done 12 hour flights before, and never gotten this problem before, only with the PMDG 737, so I dont think it is heat related. I am going to try running it in full screen tonight to see what happens. However, I still havent fixed that A/P problem lol. I started getting it when I upgraded to version 1.3, has anyone else been having the A/P Disconnect on 1.3?

Guest Buck Bolduc

You may want to check your memmory.Use Google, search for "Memtest x86" (no quotes) log onto the memtest86 site and download the windows version of the software and unzip it to a floppy.After you create the floppy, it's bootable, put it in your A drive and let it run for a half dozen itterations/cycles. If you really want to give your memmory a good test run it overnight.You may have to go into your BIOS to enable "floppy seek" and make your first boot device the Floppy Drive. After your satisfied reset you Bios back to where it was, i.e. fist boot device=Hard drive etc.This memmory test is the best out there IMHO.Good Luck