Sign in to follow this  
Guest 160732

Metzinger Tutorial Draft

Guest 160732

I have read the draft, but do not understand what this means: Select the NG Tutorial Default situation. Where do I find this in FS9 ? I have no problem with placing a cold and dark 737 700 2D at KTNT, but that is not what the manuscript says. What is it here that I don't understand- please ????Ole

Guest Martial

okay, you should read also the txt wich come with de draft, and there is too the .FLT that you have to copy on your fs9 files, and select it : so you will go to the default NG tutorial, with the cold and dark situation as well...

Guest 160732

Thank's for the answer, I think you don't see what I meant. I have now in my own manner saved a ' NG Tutorial Base Scenario' and it works ok, but I still don't understand how Metzinger wanted me to do it, it is a minor problem so I will leave it.Ole

Guest laurie0236

It is quite straight forward really. When you downloaded the draft of the tutorial, included with the .zip was a readme and a flight situation. The readme told you what to do with the flight situation. It was very easy to follow the readme.BTW the gentlemans name is Timothy. It isn't nice to call someone by their surname only.regardsLawrence

Guest 160732

Now it is to me too, I regret that I only read half of the download it will never happen again. It was not my intention to offend Timothy, but maybe my age-72 and my country-Denmark has something to do with it, I tried to be extra polite and this also will not happen again.Ole

a 72 year old Dane - uhoh :-)I wouldn't worry about it too much - we have people from every part of the world here. We all need to take the time to understand each others customs. In some parts of Europe it is quite common to call males by their last name. I doubt Timothy would be upset.ScottYBTL

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest tmetzinger

>a 72 year old Dane - uhoh :-)>>I wouldn't worry about it too much - we have people from every>part of the world here. We all need to take the time to>understand each others customs. In some parts of Europe it is>quite common to call males by their last name. I doubt Timothy>would be upset.>>Scott>YBTLDon't worry about offending me guys. Nobody's really offensive until they're offending me in person. And I'm quite capable of dealing with that.I understand that this product has a truly world-wide user base, so let me apologize in advance for confusion caused by idioms and other language issues.Anyhow, I've flown the second flight in the tutorial and it's half written up. The first two flights are the hardest because there's a LOT of material to cover. Each successive one will get less "teachy" as it builds on earlier knowledge.So my plan is to have it done by Sunday, with a short review period, and released by the following Thursday.I'll call for testers later this week - keep your eyes peeled for a post called "Tutorial Beta Testers Wanted".

Guest hkro

Timothy,Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your outstanding work; your tutorials are as always so valuable for low skilled simmers like me and it is a pleasure to benefit from your experience....I hope I can cope this time with my favourite weakness : the right speeds at appraoch and landing!!!Thanks again and a little hello from France.....Cheers,

Guest 160732

ThimothyI want to thank you for freeing me for having offended you. I am an artist painter and use flying the NG 737 as a wonderful relaxation,when the art problems owerwhelms me. Your work, NG 737 and this forum is for me a wonderful thing, and I will once more say thanks and thrustfully come back with questions if nessesaryRegards the old dane

Guest tmetzinger

>I just want to know way you need BETA testers for a>tutorial?>>Ramon I have to assume that you're kidding.If you're not kidding, then you have NO idea how difficult it is to write a document that will give your reader a pleasant experience AND teach the info you're trying to impart.For instance, let's say I have you flying a route you've punched into the FMC, but I want to have you leave the route on a heading vector and then use the FMC to get back to your original route.How do I write the tutorial so that every one of the thousands of readers, all of whom read and learn at different paces, go heading off at the appropriate place on the route, and can still navigate back to the route before they pass another waypoint (and thus have different FMC screens)?How I do that is to have you depart on a heading when you reach a certain waypoint, and I make sure the next waypoint is at least 15 minutes (100 NM) away, and then I specify that the intercept course we use to get back to the route is sharp enough that you'll get back to it, whether you made your turn after 2 minutes on the vector or 10 minutes on the vector.The beta testing of a tutorial lets me know where I haven't been clear enough, where I misjudged how something would work on another person's computer, or where I didn't give enough time to complete one task before the next task starts.I'd much rather hear complaints from 10 people than a couple of thousand (that being the number of folks who used my last tutorial).

Guest Martial

Thanks Thimoty for your tutorialsMartialLFST

Guest BrunoF

First, Thank you very much for the tutorials. I have Lufthansas 733 AOM (close enough ;)) and Continentals 737NG AOM and can tell you that all the things that follow the tutorial are very close to the real thing.Oh, and another annoyance for you, Timothy, can I please write you an email (If that's not a problem with you) because if I remember correctly, you went to Continental's facilities, right? ATOP? And I would like to write you a very shot email since a friend and I are considering to go.Thanks in Advance,Bruno Francescoli.

Guest tmetzinger

>>First, Thank you very much for the tutorials. I have>Lufthansas 733 AOM (close enough ;)) and Continentals 737NG>AOM and can tell you that all the things that follow the>tutorial are very close to the real thing.>>Oh, and another annoyance for you, Timothy, can I please write>you an email (If that's not a problem with you) because if I>remember correctly, you went to Continental's facilities,>right? ATOP? And I would like to write you a very shot email>since a friend and I are considering to go.>>Thanks in Advance,>Bruno Francescoli.Sure, I went to ATOP, when it was at United. There's a review at my web site - www.metzair.com. Drop me a line at tmetzinger@aol.com or tmetzinger@metzair.com.

Guest BrunoF

Thank you Timothy! Bruno Francescoli.