Sign in to follow this  
ChandlerL

Forced Emergency with 737NG

I think y'all may find this a bit humorous.I was on final RWY 28L at KLAX, when my glass cockpit completely failed. What makes it interesting is that I didn't set it up for emergencies. This was just a freak MSFS incident. Along with a very understanding LAX CTR (who was handling Approach and Tower duties for LAX), I was able to land without much of a fuss. Never a dull moment, this computer-based simulator (and this coming from a chap who used to fly for a living) ;)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/59950.jpg

Guest ZLA_JY

Very odd indeed how that happened. Some of the other "experts" might be able to shed some light on what happened. And glad to hear you landed safely with the expert help of LAX CTR. I'm also a controller for the ZLA ARTCC on VATSIM. And I hate to nitpick, but just to clarify, you were on final for RWY 24R, and not 28L (no such RWY at LAX). :-hah

Guest Rudo

Hi,I have had the same thing happening to me: my panel partialy died on me after turning on the lights, or turning them off, or moving my plane to a runway with the 'go to airport' option. This started to happen after installing update 1.3...Once, after takeoff, the right landinggear wouldn't go up. I don't do failures yet, I am still learning to fly the plane. Weird... I declared an emergency (I use Radar Contact), turned arround and landed safely.Still, this should not have happened. Thanks,Rudi Langezaal

>And I hate to nitpick, but just to clarify, you were on final for>RWY 24R, and not 28L (no such RWY at LAX). :-hahThere is now, just follow the tyre tracks! :-)ScottYBTL

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

>Very odd indeed how that happened. Some of the other>"experts" might be able to shed some light on what happened.>And glad to hear you landed safely with the expert help of LAX>CTR. I'm also a controller for the ZLA ARTCC on VATSIM. And I>hate to nitpick, but just to clarify, you were on final for>RWY 24R, and not 28L (no such RWY at LAX). :-hahBoy are you nitpickky. :(You're right, though, my bad. Confused the facility map of LAX with the one of SFO in my head. Should have paid more attention to what I typed.

Guest B742FAN

Dunno if I would do a coupled approach without a working panel :)Neat pic though__Josh