Sign in to follow this  
w4fej

Beach 1900D throttle quadrant question

Anyone out there using the PFC equipment in any form that has their quadrant? If so what do you plan on doing to make the 1900D turbo prop throttle operate like it is suppoosed to? I have the jet liner console and it does NOT support their turbo prop quad. I did some playing around with the 2 engine prop quadrant and it "works" but no detents and the prop and condition levers are really too short. Another question is does anyone have their turbo prop quadrant and a digital camera?? If so could I impose on you to email me a close up picture of the inside of the quadrant.. I had PFC rebuild the 2 engine prop quad for me and maybe I can do the same thing with the turbo prop quad.. Thanks for any help out there... Mike B.

Guest cwra6

I am runnning my complex twin quadrant from PFC with all axes simply running from full to closed. No detents, reverse etc. In the pfc.dll control panel, you can tell the quadrant to think of yours as a turboprop quadrant. This will allow you to set reverse, high and low idle etc. manually. I guess you could put a piece of masking tape along the bottom of the quadrant and define that as your reverse mark - when needing to reverse just pull down through the tape. But you won't get the nice detents and clicks. Since I can't afford the $400 for the turbo prop quadrant, I am making due without the predefined settings. Colin

Hi Mike,I have the PFC Digital throttle quadrant, yoke and rudder pedals. I don't have their turboprop throttle but have used the six lever standard twin throttle. It is not as realistic but does work.I have been interested in their jet console for some time but haven't been able to get any assurance that is is compatible with the PMDG 737NG. Have you used it with the 737NG and if so is it fully compatible? One thing you may be interested to know is that the throttle they are developing for their 737NG console, with TOGA, will be interchangeable in the jet console. As I understand it, the 737NG console they are developing, will not be available as a separate unit. So this will give us an opportunity of a more realistic throttle in the jet console.I have had several discussions with PFC and PMDG trying to get them together so the PFC hardware will be compatible with the PMDG 737. It is my understanding that they are now trying to accomplish this. Which is great news as far as I am concerned.Thanks for any info,Tom

Hi Tom: Ok, great. I have played a bit with the twin prop throttle and telling the DLL it was the twin turbo prop and it works "ok". The throttles in the Jet Liner console are "upside down" from the desk mount consoles so I asked them (PFC) if they could simply re-asemble the twin prop throttle upside down and they tried it and it worked fine. Then I asked them if they could do that with the turbo prop throttle and they insisted they can't because of the detent mechanics so that is why I have been asking for a picture of it so I can see for myself. At first they told me the twin prop quad couldn't be reassembled for the jetliner but I kept asking to talk to someone else with a more positive "can do" attitude and finally got someone that scratched his head a minute and said, sure, we can do that. I can't seem to get that guy anymore...lol Anyway, I have not heard about the NG throttle, tell me more... On the Jetliner console and PMDG NG. Yea, works great. With the new update they now have a list of keyboard commands for the MCP and other goddies and it's a simple matter of assigning the knobs/switches (in FSUIPC)to the correct sequence and you're in business. I LOVE MY JETLINER CONSOLE - PERIOD.... Mike B.

Hi Mike,Thanks for the info. I was planning on waiting until PFC had their 737NG throttle available for instl in the jet console and their assurance it would work with the PMDG 737 before I ordered it. Based on your comments it sounds useable now and when they get the 737NG throttle with TOGA I guess I can add it. I believe the existing twin jet throttle I have now will work in it for the time being.I don't have any more info on the PFC NG throttle but they do have a bit of information on it on their web site.Thanks again for the info,Tom