Sign in to follow this  
Guest pschartau

clearing FMC

Guest pschartau

Hello,I recently purchased the 737NG v1.3 and I'm extremely happy with it! Thanks for such a great product!Yesterday I flew from LSZH to EDDM, and then I wanted to fly from EDDM to EDDL. After arriving at EDDM, I started the APU, shut down the engines, and then performed the normal procedures as if I started a new flight, i.e. cockpit preparation etc. However, when I got to programming the FMC, it didn't work. When trying to enter a new route, the FMC displayed "PROGRAM ERROR". I couldn't find a way to clear the FMC. I then reloaded the aircraft from the aircraft menu in order to start from scratch again. Everything worked fine, except I couldn't control the no. 2 engine! Increasing or decreasing the throttle (per joystick / F3 key) only worked on no. 1 engine. I pressed "E 1 2" to select both engines, it didn't work.Anyway, nothing of this would've happaned if I'd been able to clear the FMC completely in order to program a new route. Is this possible?ThanksPhilipp

Guest tmetzinger

>Hello,>I recently purchased the 737NG v1.3 and I'm extremely happy>with it! Thanks for such a great product!>Yesterday I flew from LSZH to EDDM, and then I wanted to fly>from EDDM to EDDL. After arriving at EDDM, I started the APU,>shut down the engines, and then performed the normal>procedures as if I started a new flight, i.e. cockpit>preparation etc. However, when I got to programming the FMC,>it didn't work. When trying to enter a new route, the FMC>displayed "PROGRAM ERROR". I couldn't find a way to clear the>FMC. I then reloaded the aircraft from the aircraft menu in>order to start from scratch again. Everything worked fine,>except I couldn't control the no. 2 engine! Increasing or>decreasing the throttle (per joystick / F3 key) only worked on>no. 1 engine. I pressed "E 1 2" to select both engines, it>didn't work.>Anyway, nothing of this would've happaned if I'd been able to>clear the FMC completely in order to program a new route. Is>this possible?>Thanks>PhilippYou should be able to program a new route after landing by entering a new departure and destination - that should clear out the legs.

Guest pschartau

Hi,>You should be able to program a new route after landing by>entering a new departure and destination - that should clear>out the legs.I tried that - the FMC displayed "PROGRAMM ERROR" in the input line...cheersPhil

Hi,Another question speaking about the FMC, is it possible to save a flight onroute and then load it up again with all FMC settings still there and working?If my memory serves me right this question was asked before the 1.2 update was released and the answer was that this would be possible from verison 1.2->Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest sj3

Richard: No, this is not possible yet, due to FS9 limitations. It's my understanding that PMDG will try and address this with the 800/900 release, which theoretically should enable this function on the 600/700.When you save an FMC route, it saves your legs and altitude/speed constraints, but not your takeoff settings (zfw, flaps, etc.). I'm pretty sure this is because you can, in real life, use the same FMC route, but the specifics in PAX loads, fuel amounts, and luggage weights, will almost certainly be different, so you're "encouraged" to recalculate. HTH.

OK, I understand that the settings for flaps, weight etc probably will be different between different flights. But what I meant was that if I'm in the middle of a long flight and for some reason can't finish the flight at that time, then it would be nice to be able to save the whole situation and then pick up at the same place you left it in midair later on when you have the time to finish the flight.Well, lets hope they will find a way to accomplish this in the upcoming release of the -800 and -900 models.All the best,

Richard Åsberg

Guest rvdlaak

Hello Phil I have no idea if this has been answered or if you have solved the issue. If your FMC does not clear when you land, you should be able to delete the DEP airport from the fmc, execute to commit changes and that should clear the FMC fro your next route.hope this helps,Ronniehttp://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif

Guest pschartau

Thanks for your reply.I haven't had a chance to try clearing the FMC again since I've been rather busy the last few days...cheersPhil

Guest tmetzinger

>OK, I understand that the settings for flaps, weight etc>probably will be different between different flights. But what>I meant was that if I'm in the middle of a long flight and for>some reason can't finish the flight at that time, then it>would be nice to be able to save the whole situation and then>pick up at the same place you left it in midair later on when>you have the time to finish the flight.Would be nice, but might ruin the realism... the pause key works for this however.

No, wouldn't be realistic but is the pause key more realistic really? Of course it's up to you to use this kind of function. The pause key works just fine if it's for a couple of minutes or hours maybe, but not days when you might have to be able to use the computer for other stuff.Well, lets just wait and see what the future holds for us regarding this.All the best,

Richard Åsberg