Sign in to follow this  
CapnOz

PMDG Design Team: Cockpit lighting

May we please have an upgraded cockpit lighting for the panels?Something like what capt sim has done where the lights have three stages....It looks really nice when the panel lights are off and the nobs and switches are lighted only...Perhaps others feel the same way..If anyone else agrees please post here!Thanks!!

Peter Osborn

Yeah that would be really cool. I always found the overhead lightening to be to strond, would be cool if you could dim it!Thomas

Guest Paragon

Definitely something I would like to see too. The way Captainsim has done in their 727 is absolutely perfect. Backlit gauges for flying and floodlight when perparing the takeoff checks and after landing...mmmm.

The Pmdg 737NG is the best simulation I have come across in my six years of flight simulation. But there is always room for improvement and the lighting on the 737 deserves better lighting. On my system, I cannot see the swithes on all the panels but the main panel. I would not expect anything like the above but some improvement is necessary. I am hoping that the Pmdg team is looking at this. It is so obvious...Maurice

Guest rcarlson123

Floris, that picture is gorgeous. I would LOVE to have cockpit lighting like that for the NG. For now, I'll settle for having that pic as my desktop wallpaper. :)

Guest benw

Well as has already been pointed out, the Dreamfleet 737-400 had 4 lighting options if I remember. Off, dim, bright and flood. Perfect.The PMDG 737 is quite simply the best add-on there is, nicer lighting would top it off for my money...

I do agree with all the posts: the PMDG 737 is the best airplane after years of simulation and it deserves a better lighting (overhead panel too dark, it's impossible to see the buttons).Thank you in advance, team :-)David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.