Sign in to follow this  
Guest legbeforewicket

Problems on the ILS

Guest legbeforewicket

Dear All,I seem to be able to capture the ILS and GS to about 4/6 dme then I notice that I a slightly to the right or left of the r/w. I am using 2 chanel autoland but I can never get on the r/w for a full autoland. Sometimes this happens "offline" but on VATSIM I never line up correctly. I have set the course according to the charts but seem to be 2 - 4 degrees off. Is there anything else that I should be doing. I do my planning with FSNAV, no other a/c seem to have this problem.My hands on landings have improved though! An a/l would be nice especially with sweaty palms.ThanksAndrew

Guest rvdlaak

Ditto. Glad I ain't the only one on this one - although mine seemed to be from a distance. I also plan with FSNav but I cannot see how this could affect it as the ILS freq is OK and the runway heading is also fine. Default airports as well so scenery addons not to blame on those occasions.Andrew, what FS version do you use because I use FS9 and have not looked at this (and probably won't :-)) in FS2K2.any ideas anyone? my post on this has an image of an approach.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=36392&page=5cheers,Ronniehttp://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif

Guest legbeforewicket

Hello,I have tried this on both fs2002 and fs2004 same thing: OK at a distance then at 3-5 dme goes left. Used add on scenery UK2000 airports, all other a/c have no problems, default and add on. Hmmm, curious. I dont think it is a FSNav problem either but still and pretty clueless. It doesn't happen all the time though.ThanksAndrew

Guest tmetzinger

>Dear All,>>I seem to be able to capture the ILS and GS to about 4/6 dme>then I notice that I a slightly to the right or left of the>r/w. I am using 2 chanel autoland but I can never get on the>r/w for a full autoland. >>Sometimes this happens "offline" but on VATSIM I never line up>correctly. I have set the course according to the charts but>seem to be 2 - 4 degrees off. Is there anything else that I>should be doing. I do my planning with FSNAV, no other a/c>seem to have this problem.>>My hands on landings have improved though! An a/l would be>nice especially with sweaty palms.>>Thanks>>AndrewThis could be a problem with the default scenery... what airport are you referring to?

Guest legbeforewicket

Hi TimothyThis happens at EGCC and EGLL - both UK2000 Sceneries. Everything seems to be set for a correct landing but it lands to the right. All other a/c land on the runway.ThanksAndrew

Guest Ray CYYZ

Never had a problem with EGLL, but my machine is configured for USA English. Wonder if the country configuration issue is at play. Care to try the Yank configuration?Ray

Guest legbeforewicket

Hello Ray,Will try the USA English settings tonight...if I can find them..CheersAndrew