Sign in to follow this  
Guest Starfix

Bug of VHF freq change impossible

Guest Starfix

Hello All !This product did change completely my way of flying in FS2004. In fact, now i'm only using the 737 and... a beech 350 for VFR purposes.I come to the fact now, as mentionned by several users, i did lately had the already reported bug of the radio panel. It was impossible to change NAV frequencies, or VHF and ADF frequencies. The transponder was working properly.One of the post made gave me a clue, saying that was the matter of having used in a previous flight a plane with an avionic switch.So here's the deal, to restore a working situation from the bug, i did this :-Take the cold and dark flight save delivered with the plane-Declare it as your default-Quit and restart FS2004-Load the cold and dark, then after you can use any of your PMDG saved flight with the radio panel working again.It's cheesy, but it works.It would be nice to have the avionics variable 'RESET to ON (or OFF maybe)' prior to load the panel in the next patch to avoid this VERY annoying bug.Please PMDG team fix this ;)On another subject, i can't wait to get your new products, The Beechcraft of course, but more... the B747 !! Any ETA ??Thanks again for this fantastic product.

Guest Starfix

I forgot to say that :-I call the radio panel window using 'R' (not a keyboard shortcut)-I did not make any change of any kind in .cfg files-Using the 1.2 that i did patch 1.3 -FS2004.

Guest stockerharris

The problem is caused by the Avionics Switch being in the off position in the default MS aircraft.The work around is to assign a keystroke or button to the Avionics Switch in the Options setup. I have not found a method of turning it on and off inside PMDG.David

Guest rcarlson123

I've had a similar problem, and I found that cycling the main power switches (the battery switch or the standby power switch, can't remember which one at this moment) fixes it. Maybe the switch also toggles the avionics setting in FS, so my way is one other method for the same underlying fix.

Guest Ray CYYZ

Just another little thing, I have noticed that other addons like FSnav seem to lock them out (guess they are fighting over who controls them)...Ray