Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rajah

Lockup / Crash Problem

Guest Rajah

Dear PMDG The FS9 Lockup /Crash Problem is well known problem.As the solution you state that you have to remove the FS9.cfg file and the state.cfg files.However this removes also all your settings and assigned buttons.Replacing the copied FS9.cfg file does not work. I found out that after deleting the mentioned files and after starting FS9 you can close FS9, than replace the FS9.cfg file you did copy after changing the settings and assignments. After that FS9 start up as before.It cost me more time to make the 737NG ready for flying than flying itself!I installed FS9 on a second HD with its own XP PRO. Only with related programs. Fully defragmentated. No automatic virus-update, no automatic Microsoft Update.I can

Frans,I don't think I would call the CTD a "Well Known Problem" The SU1.3 updaet corrected the CTD for most users from what we can tell. I have received only 2 or 3 reports at support@precisionmanuals.com and whave been able to correct all of them eventually. Why don't you try dropping me anote at support detailing exactly what is happening, What you have tried and your Order ID and I will see what we can figure outRegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Rajah

Paul,Thanks for your quick reaction!First what means CTD? Second, I like the plane so much that I spent so much time to let it work.As I told you I installed FS9 on its own HD without interfearing programs. After this I did not jet install the SU1.3 update (where is the shame icon!) So thanks so far to solve (I hope) this problem.I had a reason not to install the update. On the old disc did not have the lockup problem. Because of suddenly drop of framerates I decided to install on a seperate disc. The overall framerate in the cockpit / zoom is 12-15 on the old disc was and I am happy with that.However, many times, as I was near the runway. the framerates drops from 10-15 to 1 or 2 and flying was not possible. I installed a new Geforce 5600 256 MB and 1024 RAM on my Pentium 4 1800 GHZ without result. I would be sure that there was a difference between su 1.2 and 1.3 not knowing it could cause this problem.So I am going to install SU1.3 and see what happens.Yesterday I flied the first time on the new disc(I always fly on the Internet under ATC of IVAO) and saw the drop of rates again: from 15 to 3. Also when I shut down FSNavigator / Simview etc. I also go back for a moment to Desktop (tip on the forum) but without result.I suspected also the warning of MicroSoft that the plane he sees on the Internet can make FS9 unstable. I always allowed that and said No This is related to [FrameCall]{NoWarn] Now I say Yes to that message to be sure.So, perhaps you have ideas what I can do further to avoid stagnation of the framerate.But first: have a nice week-end!Kind regardsFrans DekkerKLM074Ordernr. 2811200331648

Guest Rajah

Paul, I am sorry to inform you:I installed SU 1.3Start up SBRelay and FS9SB2MP (for flying on IVAOStartFS9Lockup!!!Stopped with taskmanagerDeleted fs9.cfgStart FS9 (original screen "Getting Started")End FS9Replace FS9.cfg with My SettingsStart FS9. OK with my settingsAlter the settings to medium low / framerate 35 PMDG gauge 5/2Start SBRelay and FS9SB2MPMultiplayer connect Select IVAO and JoinModules SBHOSTSquawkbox Join Get Into the ActionOKHad a nice flight with good framerates.Was very happy!!!Second time start up OKFlying on an EventMS gives warning : The aircraft you are attempting to load ...... Do you want to disable insupported features on this DC9"YESAfter that a black screen (not as usual)and the framerate drops to 1,0 and FS9 freezes.After closing with Task Manager I got the message: : Socket Notification Sink"Now I am desperated.Kind regardsFrans DekkerKLM074

Guest Rajah

Paul, I am happy to inform you thay I think I solved the problem.I always had to connect with SBRelay and FS9SB2 (both) to the Internet/IVAO, I now think that this caused the problem. I found how to solve this (ADSL modem off) and now I can connect with one program.I did fly the whole day without any problem (well not technical!)Sorry I thought your nice plane was the cause!Kind regards,Frans DekkerKLM074

Frans,Glad to hear you figured it out. Was just about to ask if you had tried disabling some of the other items but sounds like you nailed it.Enjoy!!RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg