Sign in to follow this  
Guest esperienza

Request for further fmc implementation...

Guest esperienza

Hi PMDG, I was wondering, actually more hoping, that toghether with other implementations you've mentioned before in other posts for the SU3 release, if it would be possible to make the 737ng's FMC compatible with a missed approach and alternate route procedures.It would be nice to have the FMC revert to clb mode when the toga button is pressed for either a go-around or a missed approach procedure.Thanks,David

Guest mpauli

Hi DavidI think you won't get an answer on this from PMDG. They said that the 1.3 is the last update for the 600/700 and that all the new things will be available in the 800/900 version.BtW: The things you mentioned are not the only things that are missing in the FMC at the moment:- No OPT/MAX altitude information available.- No STEP CLIMB calculation available.- No altitude constaraints possible for above or below altitudes.- No command to force the plane to a right or left turn during an SID or STAR (which is used quite often, at least in Europe).- Some more minor things and all the important things I forgot to mention ;-)They say it's quite a lot of work to do on the code of the FMC so they decided not to do it for SU2 and the 1.3 update only fixes some small bugs found after SU2.I think I speak in everyons name when I say we look forward to seenig these things in the 800/900...CheersMartin

two other from me...Cost IndexingOffset Nav Trackinglooking forward to the new versions

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest sj3

Martin: Respectfully, you do not speak for me. If PMDG puts in your feature list, great. If they don't, great too. I miss none of these items and am perfectly content with the airplane as is. Thank you, PMDG.

Guest mpauli

Hi againI know what you mean. I love the NG too! (btw: I would not fly her if I don't! ;-)) It's just that some parts of the plane are really well developed such as the autopilot or the flight model while others (such as the FMC) are missing basic segments.Of course you can fly her without them. I sometimes take the lady just for a short trip around the block. I do not even touch the FMC.It's just that (IMHO) PMDG should keep their reputation as the development group of one of the most accurate and realistic add-on for FS.I don't want to offend anyone. It's just that I don't really care if I can turn the "fake" cabin temperature switch on the overhead while, on FL390, I don't know if a climb to FL410 would bring her over the limit or not. These things are flight relevant that's all I say...I hope you understand me tooCheersMartin

Guest A32X

Personally I think PMDG should not just sit happy, they should continue to improve the systems and features of their aircraft.I hope they make failures very prominent in their products, especially the 747. When the PIC767 was released for FS2000 it was amazing, being able to practice all kinds of failures like tyre blow outs on takeoff or complete hydraulics failures.What made the failures for me was the training captain who read out checklists, telling what had happened and what to do, very immersing even in FS2000! Maybe PMDG could add voice's/adventures in the 747-400 so that we can practice emergency situations like the original PIC767, level-D sim style!Paul