Sign in to follow this  

Strange Sun Behaviour

Look at the picture: the sun is getting down at 300

...that all depends on the time of year and the earth's tilt towards/away from the sun at the poles. It also depends somewhat on your Latitude.

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

Not quite sure what you mean. The sun only goes down at due west (270 degrees)on the autumnal and vernal equinox, and then only at the equator. At other times of the year, it sets north (summer) or south (winterO of due west. Bob

You saying that in italy today, the sun setted at 300

Ok...I'm ignorant, and i go out head down.Thank you for explaining this to me.

Guest cwright

In this case FS2002 really is 'as real as it gets'! Best regards, Chris

Well, I learned something new as well ! Here's the same details for London, England. (Sorry, no screenshot):Equation of Time: -4.03Solar declanation: 23.02Solar Azimuth: 240.21 <--------Solar Elevation: 49.26As of today, July 2nd.

>Well, I learned something new as well ! Here's the same >details for London, England. (Sorry, no screenshot): >>Equation of Time: -4.03 >Solar declanation: 23.02 >Solar Azimuth: 240.21 <-------- >Solar Elevation: 49.26 >>As of today, July 2nd. Errr, you got that a bit wrong Alastair :) Last time I looked out of the computer room window (don't do it often what with flying around the world and all) the sun was still setting well to the northwest here in England.

The knowledge and resources we have at this forum is truly amazing at times....Timothy

You could come to scandinavia and spend some time above the polar circle. Where the sun NEVER sets during summer.I'm going up to Kiruna (Sweden) next week and not only is the weather better up there than further south in sweden, we also have "golden", velvet smooth nights.And no mosquitos. I say again, NO MOSQUITOS! :-)To stay on topic: do a take-off from, say, Narvik in Norway or Kiruna and set date to june, july and midnight. Enjoy. Not only do you get midnight sun, you might see some northern lights too!/petern