Sign in to follow this  
swj737

PMDG 737 idle on the ground

I recently purchased the PMDG 737, and I'm very happy with the product, however I have found that on the ground with the engines at idle and brakes off, the plane will start moving and accelerate to 15knots pretty quickly, there seems to be no "unstick" thrust that needs to be applied. Also with parking brakes set, she seems to creep forward also. Is there a cfg file I need to edit? I just recalibrated the stick and Throttle (saitek HOTAS). Anyone else seeing this. I purchased the aircraft around 1/26/04. The about off the PMDG menu says Version 1.2, but on the PMDG site (where the 1.2 to 1.3 upgrade is available) says there is no need to apply the upgrade if you purchased after the 14th. It might take a week or so to find it in the docs (although the docs are great!). I also read somewhere about adjusting the 'give' on the nosewheel suspension to help alleviate nose bobbing on the ground when applying brakes, I have to basically ride the brake with the above mentioned fast idle. Any thoughts would be appreciated!ThanksFS9Dell P4 2.53/533GEForce4 ti48001 GB ramSaitek Hotas

Nameless,First and foremost, Please sign your posts with your real name as per the Forum rules. Thanks you for your support ;-)As to your creeping A/C. I believe that all the previous problems related to this were traced to a faulty calibration of the throttle. I realize you said you just calibrated your throttle, but take a look at your Idle N1, It should be 20% +- .5% If its any higher, your off the idle stop and it will creep. FS limitation. RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Stamatis

For what it's worth:In the real world, once thrust has been applied and the 737-700 starts rolling, with throttles back at idle the aircraft will slowly pick up speed in a straight line. Sometimes, on long straights, pilots need to gently apply brakes in order to keep the ground speed within desired margins, even though throttles are at idle position.Stamatis