Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

NEVER EVER press the 'E'-button...

Hi,Unlike a few of you blaming MS for these problems, IMHO this "Select Engine" problem is NOT caused by MS, but very likely by a PMDG gauge.It's the same problem as with Pushback, SelectExit, etc....For an explanation, see:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...pe=search#35300Unfortunately, no-one from the PMDGteam gave a reaction on this post.These multi-keystroke commands may be a clumsy MS implementation, but, given this constraint, the problem is caused by a PMDG gauge ORanother addon gauge you installed in the panel.Rob

Guest dpc

Sure,Win XPNo additional programs runningNo external addonsI have the latest registered version of FSUIPC. (I update every time)Don't recall the E 1 and 2 not working before.It seems to work on any aircraft default and addon that I have and I have many. Both freeware and payware.Dave

Guest ha5mvo

as the man said, just delete the assignment or replace it with a different one (I use it to open/close main exit)Presto! problem solved......

Guest BN747

I have had this problem happen to me many times, however I'd have to say that it isn't an MSFS issue, it is a panel issue. For me, it all depends on the panel I'm using as to how I fix my throttle problem.On one particular panel, I have to rapidly double click the throttles with the mouse pointer in order to lock them together again.On another panel I use for a 737, I click the "E", then individually "1" and "2", but then I press the "backspace" on my keyboard and this locks them (1&2) together again.Play around with the panel you are using, because all panels that I have used do this throttle thing when pressing the "E". I would assume that this is set up this way in order to achieve independant throttle movement for whatever reasons the pilot sees fit.Good Luck!Fausto

Hello Fausto,If this is the case maybe PMDG could come to our help and tell us how to handle this problem using their panel? But then again, personally I see the easiest way out is to simply disable the 'E' assignement in MSFS.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest Art Vandalay

>That's exactly what happened to me, was programming the FMC>and forgot to enable keyboard input. Thinking of simply>unassigning the 'E' button within MSFS's key assignements>since I never use it anyway.>>Cheers,How do one enable keyboard input for direct input to the fmc via the keyboard? I searched the PMDG-Menu and Manual but have not found anything.ThanksArt

Guest Art Vandalay

How do one enable keyboard input for direct input to the fmc via the keyboard? I searched the PMDG-Menu and Manual but have not found anything.ThanksArt

Guest johnpc

Art,To use the keyboard directly, click on the black strip to the right of the FMC keypad. A grey KBD warning will come on in the lower right of the FMC screen. Turn it off the same way. There is a very slight lag between keyboard presses and the letter appearing in the scratchpad, but it works fine.JC

Hi Art,Left-click once with the mouse on the edge to the right of the FMC keypad, you will by doing so get an indication in the lower right corner of the FMC saying something like "KBD".Cheers,

Richard Åsberg