Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

One FMC question and one tip

Hi all,Whenever I do a flight using the FMC I get in trouble when it's time for the descent phase of the flight. I get a message in the FMC saying "Pth not available" or something like that. If I'm not mistaken this can be a result of winds?...but I'm not quite sure how to handle this and would appreciate any help. Also I'm not quite sure how to use the MCP altitude together with the FMC. Seems you always have to be one step ahead of the FMC setting the altitude?And now for the tip. If you want to try a very hard approach try Reggio Calabria - Italy (LICR) rwy 33 with bad weather and a low cloudbase. I was vectored so I overshot three times by MS ATC before I decided to fly the approach all manually and finally managed to land. But it was great fun and indeed a challenge (at least for me :-))Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest sj3

Richard: On your way up, the altitude set in the MCP won't be surpassed, under VNAV. On the way down, stay one step ahead of the FMC, just like you said. Once you're on your approach, I would think that the missed approach altitude would be on the MCP, but I'm not positive. As for your error message, take a close look at your LEGS page and make sure all the constraints you see there make sense. If they look reasonalbe to you, maybe you can get a screen shot and/or more information for some of the smarter ones here.

Guest Paragon

You could also use the WeatherSet program that comes with FSUIPC to look at your arrival airport weather and enter this information into the FMC./Mikkel

Hmm...well, I'll keep trying. Guess some RTFM could help as well...;-)

Richard Åsberg