Sign in to follow this  
Guest CarlHill

Let's all beg for a Saab340b

< Whatever PMDG want to do...it's going to be good... >Very true indeed. I would also like to throw in a vote for a nice CRJ. Then are much more abundant IMO, and would add a nice addition to the commuter line that the B1900 will bring with it. I'm afraid the Dash-8 can't be ignored either. Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest dbw

Should a Saab340 be developed I'd offer to be a beta tester. I flew one for the better part of 2000 hrs over a 3 year period. We operated it everwhere from Winnipeg's 10000+ ft paved runways to 4000 ft of gravel in the arctic. I think we were the only operator in the world to operate it on gravel as Saab developed a gravel kit for us. It's a great aircraft.Dave

Guest dbw

Transwest has the 340 "A" model. They've been running them for about 2 years. Calm Air got their 340 "B+" in 1995 and a few years later leased 2 more "B" models. The 340B+ were new and they had the optional wingtip extension - an extra 4 feet. The "B" models were leased fron the USA and they had TCAS - a good one that could see out to 40 miles and +/- 10000 feet.The gravel ops were interesting. In Baker Lake, NWT, the runway is 4200 feet and has a 1.14 degree slope. Doing a circling approach to runway 16 at night in snow, landing downhill, was work. On final you had to stay right on the vasis, no lower, as you were sliding down a hill to the threshold.It really is a great aircrft. So capable. The "B" & "B+" models had larger engines than the "A" - 1750HP and in the event of one inoperative during the takeoff the computer would push the good one to 1870HP and the other would/should autofeather.Be a nice machine to have for FS2004. Dave

Guest JonnyRotten

No need for a CRJ, as feelthere (200, 700, 900) and Eurowings (200) are doing one. Feelthere is going to be the better one in my opinion

Guest Leonardo

I'd love a 2000 :-)

Next Express Aircraft..... Saab 340. Next big project... Boeing 777!!!!Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

I would love to see them do the SAAB and 777 as well.... What would be cool for them to do is break the mold and go for a DC10 or MD11...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest A32X

Knowing a pilot who at one time flew the Saab 340, it's not really a get in and fly "Express" aircraft, it's pretty complex. Maybe PMDG should go for something more manageable like the Islander.For the next biggy after the 747, which I am really looking forward to, I hope it's not the 777. Why? Because PSS *:-* are making both a new 747 and 777, and I don't know how much inter-continental flying I can take! Plus the 777/747 cockpits are pretty similar, I'd like to "taste" as many different aircraft types/manufactures as possible in flightsim.How about making something that aint Boeing, or even Airbus! Perhaps the RJ100, Fokker 100 or even the Maddog!Paul

Guest DanWalloch

OK, I've got a good idea. If you want something that you can hop in and go, simple on the systems and realitivly easy to fly.....Cessna Caravan Series or maybe a Conquest I or II? PC12?? Jetstream 31??

Guest Hugo Frey

I vote for a Saab 2000 and the next big project a Triple Seven! :-ukliamregards: