Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Nicholson KMFR

RealityXP Wx500 Radar and the PMDG 800/900?

I have to ask...Since PMDG development says that news is coming tomorrow about the possibility of a RealityXP Jetline 2 EFIS on the 1900D panel, I was wondering if there might be a possibilty the new Wx500 XP weather radar technology might find it's way into a future PMDG 800/900 release? It would be fantastic to have the current weather switches from the PMDG aircraft control a Wx500-type display on the ND gauge. I've read before that if it's possible to do a Wx radar representation, PMDG would consider adding Wx radar to the ND. Well, in my opinion, RealityXP has done a fine job with their initial release.Currently, the Wx500 XP weather radar can be added to an existing PMDG panel using Jos

Guest Japhy

*bump*Bought the weather radar by Reality XP and I'm very satisfied with it. A weather radar - option for the -800/-900 series (in the ND) would be perfect...regards,Joerg

Hi,and who do you think will the buttons and controles and switches work? The ND of the Boeing-NG Panel is a TFT-Classcockpit with only backup analoge gauges if the electric failes or else. How to get a frameless weather radar of RealyXP without buttons and place a controle plate for this somewhere else???

Guest Japhy

>Hi,>>and who do you think will the buttons and controles and>switches work? The ND of the Boeing-NG Panel is a>TFT-Classcockpit with only backup analoge gauges if the>electric failes or else. How to get a frameless weather radar>of RealyXP without buttons and place a controle plate for this>somewhere else???>>Hi Torben!I was talking about an integration of the weather radar features into the PMDG cockpit, of course. Just like in the real thing. I think the buttons just above the ND can turn on the weather radar there (just look at this picture here (777, but it's similar: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/259399/M/)PMDG would have to do it, but Reality XP could provide the technical background.I know that one can just simple "paste" the RXP gauge into the PMDG cockpit, but that's not what I had in mind.. regards,Joerg

I'd like to see RXP add a "noframes" parameter similar to their jetline 4's which would just turn off the bevel so the gauge could be placed over an MFD and toggled on and off to simulate integration...should work fine!Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

just the "noframes" doesnt work because you have a lot of switches and buttons at this frame. Where would they be without a displayed frame? They are not separated like the user interface of the JL2/4 radio control.Well, I hope and guess that when nthe FMC is ready from RealityXP, for all of there JL gauges separate controle buttons and switches should be offered as gauges, so we can build our own cockpit panels using defaut gauges AND RealityXP gauges...

Well, I've got most of those functions assigned to keystrokes, but considering the already large number of keys already needed to the NG, finding enough might be problematic. With the JL4's, and correct me if I'm wrong, the bevel is still there, just not drawn. You can hover the mouse over where the buttons should be, and operate the gauge that way...Granted - not an optimal solution, but it might look pretty and work.http://www.dartmouth.edu/~gridlock/GridsSigAVSIM.jpg>Recently swapped CPU for a 2.8!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

The buttons are still there, I believe, in fact when retrofitting a panel the Bezel is still there. The solution of putting the radar in the radio stack was because:a) PMDG is one of my beta test planes since AS2004 beta;:( it provides a simple way of seeing the radar without adding another window/icon.Jos

Guest Ray CYYZ

Interesting little gadget collection they have.I'm not sure I see the purpose of making it work in the 800/900/BBJ instead of having a proper gauge in the NG that provides the real functions for PMDG users.Looking at the screenies posted so far, it appears that the PFD/ND now have other modes inplemented. Display of weather is just another button worth of code to implement for PMDG, just as the TCAS system is.Personally, I'd rather have it built in then try and deal with multiple addons conflicting and crashing each other. A fair percentate of all problem posts here tend to be too much stuff hooked into FS. I have never had a single crash with PMDG/FS9 vanilla. I like not having crashes.Ray

Guest Japhy

Hi Jose!Could you please post the settings for merging the PMDG-panel with the RXP weather radar? I tried the single line (gauge09=RealityXP_WX500!RDR, 16,515,566,374) from this thread. My radio panel looks like this now (PMDG-original & added pushback gauge):[Window08] // PMDG_RADIO_STACK_PANELfile=737NG_RADIO_BACKGROUND.bmp file_1024=737NG_RADIO_BACKGROUND.bmp size_mm=600,540position=8visible=0Background_color=0,0,0 ident=RADIO_STACK_PANELgauge00=PMDG_737NG_Main!RadioStack, 0, 0, 600, 540gauge01=737-400!Audio, 315, 430, 250 //TMM for SU2gauge02=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundSwitch, 413, 339, 50, 36gauge03=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackDisplay, 473, 325, 86, 64gauge05=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackStates, 0,0gauge06=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundServer,0,0gauge07=rcb_groundhandling!BrakeSound, 0,0gauge08=rcb_sound!sound,0,0,,,9998 9999 100 // 95:Default overall sound volumegauge09=RealityXP_WX500!RDR, 16,515,566,374The radar is being cut off now and I think I've missed something. I've looked for a post by you how to do it in the RXP-forum as well as here in the PMDG-forum but couldn't find anything...Thank you!regards,Joerg

I think the problem is the Pushback gauges I don't have them. If you want to keep them maybe the best solution is to use the EZConfig tool.Jos

Gents-Regarding a PMDG integrated RealityXP weather radar...In a word: No.As we've said a number of times, we will EVENTUALLY get around to modelling weather radar. Keeping in mind that we have a strong requirement for realism in our airliner simulations- we'll do so when we feel it can be done effectively and realistically....(And when it fits in the developments schedule, in case I forgot to mention! There are soooooo many things that we all want added that it is not easy to find time!)So- all things in good time....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Paragon

Well...that's the end of that discussion, too bad really. Oh well, I'll still buy the 800/900, can't wait in fact. :)/Mikkel