Sign in to follow this  

A340-300

I've downloaded several A340-300's and I have a problem with allof them. It seems that no matter what the descent rate is, the A340does not want to slow down. Tonight I tried a descent below 10,000ftat 700fpm, engines idle. The aircraft just keeps gaining speed and Ialways have to use the speed brake to stay below 250kts. Is this trueto the A340 or just a bad .air file? I've also noticed that enginesat idle read an N1 of 40. Is this normal?Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Which A340s have you tried so far? I have Thomas Kwong's & Mark Harper's & they don't do that.

Thanks for your reply. These are the 2 aircraft I was usingIberia Airbus A340-300 "Teresa de Avila" by Manolo MachucaAirbus A340-300 Package in the Star AllianceI downloaded the A340's by the authors you mentioned and I had thesame results. I take off, level off at 3,000ft, put the engines on idle, no flaps and the aircraft just keeps speeding up. I lower the flaps and the plane still doesn't slow down. I use the speed brake to slow down, but as soon as i let them down the aircraft speeds up. i downloaded the lastest drivers for the wingman joystick and recalibrated it and i still had the same results.In the past I've had problems where certain panels would affect theaircraft performance even though I can't figure out how one interacts with the other. I downloaded a different panel and it seems to work better. The A340 just maintains the speed it was at when it leveled off, but it still doesn't slow down with engines idle. What paneldo you use?