Sign in to follow this  
Guest CarlHill

Reality XP guages

Guest CarlHill

Could someone clarify the benefit of these for those of us that aren't quite that savvy. I mean $18.00 for a couple of guages? What exactly is so much better about them? Are they more frame rate freindly, or do they just look better. Can someone explain?CH

>>What exactly is so much better about them? "Extreme" fluidity. You can literally take them under a magnifying glass and still not see a slightest jerkiness or jagged lines. I know that PMDG's 737 is very good in this respect but they are even better ...Yes, very fps friendly. You get very smooth gauges even with lower fps. In this case you don't have to increase refresh rate to get smooth operation. You can read everything about the 'science' behind it on their forum.Michael J.

Exactly as Michael says. The smoothness you get from the gauges is outstanding. If you want that extra realism in your flying, then these gauges are the best. I have the Jetline2 & 4. The Jetline2 i use for turboprops (soon for the B1900!), and the Jetline4 gauges for regional jets (ie.CRJ/ERJ). They have a free trial for fs2002 with the Jetline2 gauges, so try it if you can - you won't be disapointed!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/61542.jpg

I pretty biased since Reality XP tops my list with PMDG in the add-on department, however, they are really great products. The Jet Line 2 and 4 are smooth and don't seem to tax any resources on my computer. They display the flight plan, VORs, waypoints, and airports. They also display TCAS up to 60 or 80 (it's beyond 40 like 2002) nautical miles in FS9. They really add a whole new dimension to a panel.Also, their Garmin 530 is a must, IMO.Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired