Sign in to follow this  

FS2004 Lobby Group?

hi Matthew,i agree a 100%. making use of these new graphics card capabilities ie.. gf3 & gf4 are long overdue. fm

Guest Richard_H

Reading what others have put here, I suspect I am in the minority here, but this is my view:I fly GA both for real and in FS, and am looking for realistic VFR flights.I suspect, and I hope this is does not come over as patronizing, that most non-real world pilots on this forum, are unfamiliar with the arcane art of VFR navigation

Guest Pabra

Fly! scenery still surpasses ms by far! It's been said; real scenery=inmersion=the feeling of flight. We'll never get the 'feeling' of flight untill 3d vr helmets become operational, untill then visual aid (scenery) must be the focus of the sim. Another opinion.

I'd like to see Microsoft form a team to concentrate on building quality third party aircraft for sale as an addon. I bet if they put their mind to it, they could come up with some great additions to the sim. Competition is always nice.

I have one simple request. Put the sim on DVD just because of storage space. With over several GB of storage, you can have great detail for textures. Drop the multiple CD installs and move forward. Julian

I must agree with martijnpleines regarding weather. This is an area which I trust can be greatly enhanced. In addition, actual IFR flight plans incliding SID's, Stars, step climbs, holding and emergency proceedures would be a big help also.I'm aware that Pro Flight 98' addressed some of the IFR features I mentioned. Does anyone know of a package that does this for FS2002?

Julian,I agree, DVD is the way to go. Forget about this 3 disk set crap. DVD is the next wave for the PC game realm. They can put more features into it as well being on DVD (I think).

Eric 

>Fly! scenery still surpasses ms by far! >he,he................. don't you wish!!! But really, sometimes it does & sometimes it doesn't! Depends what, where & altitude. To just generalize & lump scenery into one catagory with FLY the winner is a falsehood. I know since I have both. In fact, one FS flight in particular was extremely immersive. It took place at the North Las Vegas airport during the early dawn hours. A rather deserted airport at that time of the morning with a few neon lights of the Vegas Strip in the distance. A KingAir starts up in the background as a slight breeze blows on the windstock. I did my run-up & proceeded to the runway behind the KingAir. All in all, it just felt quite real considering it was all make believe on a PC!!! But then I've had some very immersive FLY flights also.............L.Adamson

Guest Scott Campbell

Radar Contact v2.2 handles some of this, but v3 will handle all of it and more.

Scott my man, you hit the nail on the head. Throw the Flight Unlimited III weather program into FS2004 and whoopie! I was simply amazed at the FUIII weather system, and if Microsoft would implement a similar system (with nicer looking clouds than FUIII, of course) I would never leave the house. There is something intriguing about random, realistic weather.Bobber

Scott Campbell -- Spot on ---- my sentiments exactly. It would be nice to link it to dynamic ATC where a T'storm might close an airport while it passes. Wouldn't it be great to see the afternoon equatorial storm building up in the afternoon before unleashing it's fury.

B777ER, Whew! I am glad that I am not the only one that thinks this way. I recall Microprose's GP3 during E3 several years talking about implementing a DVD release but never transpired, which was probably due to the price of the recorders at the time. With DVDR/RAM/RW being released I don't see price as being an issue as it once was. :) But the major downside of doing this, not every PC has a DVDROM/DVDR. IF MS went towards DVD, you'd have better meshes and textures thus getting closer to photorealism. But the catch is, the boxInstallation shouldn't be an issue as it once was as hard drives with big capacities are getting inexpensive. Anyhoo.. too add on to the list.. A bit more tweaking towards the ATC. When in heavy traffic and the ATC wants your acknowledgement it takes forever to reply back. Usually the end result is that your service gets terminated. So perhaps the ability to add more ATC personnel in the tower????_______Dynamic weather! FS Meteo has sold me on it and I hope the future version of FS would implement this as currently the weather in 2k2 is basically scripted after you have downloaded it. ________SDKScenery/terrain/airfile SDK and support. Scenery Editor.. Drag n' drop.. I like that idea. Something like Lago's FSSE. GMAX Support of course. ________The ability to record your VIDEO and CONVERT to a MPG/AVI format after you have saved it in which you can edit and add sound, splash screens, etc... Example: Papyrus' NASCAR Racing 2002. But it doesn't covert to mpg or avi format. _________Flight model support for swing wings. Tornado, Tomcat, MIG23.. _________Need HUD! I know there are payware and freeware one's out there. Some are pretty good and some just take up too much CPU cycles. ________Pushing it here.. Swaying trees? Hurricane, tornados, flash floods? Need more ambience sounds to add immerision to the environment. _________Passenger boarding sequence. Hear passenger as they load. _________Voice commands?__________For Online:When at the zone, how about an auto download for aircraft that another playing is flying so we don't have to see the default aircraft in its place. Of course, make it a choice to do this as not all have broadband. Simulate ATC. Have a player with a radar screen direct aircraft. __________I do like the idea of Lago's FS Maintenance.. Hint! :)__________Better pushback implementation! The default way works when it wants. Adding interaction to the pilot would be great. __________________Julian Sounds like a wish list more than anything.

A couple more.. Take the limit of the sceneries numerically and the exclude and flatten statements.Julian

>I suspect, and I hope this is does not come over as >patronizing, that most non-real world pilots on this forum, >are unfamiliar with the arcane art of VFR navigation