Sign in to follow this  
Guest danowat

B1900 Download size and resumablitiy?

Guest danowat

Hi,I am looking forward to the upcoming (soon I hope ;)) B1900, but I would like to know how big the file is going to be and if it going to be possible to resume the download.In this day and age downloads are balloning in size, and the increased paranoia of piracy means developers employing dynamic linking in there downloads which not only stop multiple downloads by non authorized people, but also legitimate buyers who just happen to still be someway off of the "broadband" highway, and still on dial-up that wish to be able to resume their downloads.This is now making it difficult for me to purchase "online" addons due to this fact.I would just like to know PMDG's stance on resuming, as this will be my first purchase from your company.I look forward to a great addon, and hopefully one I will be able to downloadMany thanks and best regardsDanny Watkins

Guest radarbeam

Hey Danny,Have a look at the B1900D product page. Right under the first set of pictures there is a note that says that the file is 25MB large and no download manager software is authorized.Nick

Guest danowat

Ahhh yes I see it now, is there going to be any soloution for dial-up users?, what is the technical reason for not allowing getright?.If there is no other soloution it looks like I may have to pass up on another addon, we cant all get broadband :(CheersDanny Watkins

Guest radarbeam

Hey Danny,Do you have a time out limit on your dial up connection? If you don't just let the download run all night.Nick

Guest danowat

Hi,Yeah I do, it is 2 hour at the moment, but I am looking into upgrading it to a 4 hour cutoff, hopefully that will help.Surely there must be someway the dev's can offer resumable downloads?.CheersDanny Watkins

Guest chris_kirk

Taken from the PMDG B1900 product information page:"Please Note: For this file, you MAY NOT use a download manager (Getright, GoZilla, etc.) Our server will detect that type of software as an attempted intrusion and disconnect you from your download."Okay. I almost didn't post this message because I fully understand any companies' right to protect their investment and also I sympathise with the difficulties that arise from distributing a product electronically and safely. In this case, however, I am a little confused since PMDG previously authorised download of the NG via SpeedBit's Download Accelerator. Why not the B1900 also?Whilst a 25MB download without the use of a download manager is just about "do-able", anything larger will be a non-starter for me (and probably tens of thousands of other dialup users as well).Can I ask PMDG what their plans are regarding dialup users accessing future releases that are certain to be considerably larger than 25MB - specifically the 737-800/900 and the 747?Many thanks,Chris Kirk