Sign in to follow this  
Guest jawbreaker

poor graphic performance - help plz

Guest jawbreaker

hii just got a new graphic card (Radeon 9600PRO), and i'm quite disapointed by the graphic performance in FS9. i tryed several settings, but still the FPS are so poor. i use german airports 1 2004, and it's almost no difference to my old GeForce 4 440MX.strangely, all other games (like "Splinter Cell", "Raven Shield" or "FIFA2004") work so great! 200% better and faster than before! i have incedible good framerates, even with full antialiasing, full details and highest resolutions.is FS9 really so hard to handle for graphic cards? or could there be another problem?thanx for any comments,stu(Pentium 4 2,5 GHz, 512 MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9600PRO 128 MB, Running FS9 at 1280 x 960)

Guest Deeks

While the 9600Pro is a great card you are now at the choke point for FS9. I had an almost identical setup except for 1G DDR400 ram and was not to impressed with the performance. This weekend I upgraded to a 3.0GHz 800 HT CPU after checking out a friends new system which was getting double the performance (his old system was like mine). I have FPS limited to 20 and the only time FS goes below that is in extremely overcast situations (~10) and then it is still flyable without stuttering. In heavy thunderstorms it runs 18-20 with only very quick drops to 14 without effecting performance on screen. Both of us had CPU's that could only go 533 on the bus so now we are using the full 800FSB bandwidth of the motherboard which along with the 5-6GHz speed increase has resulted in more than acceptable performance. I run with all settings at Max and Default.XML autogen disabled and now at KSEA I get 19-20FPS sitting on the runway as opposed to 10.5 with the 2.4GHz 533 CPU. FS9 is like building a performance car ....it's the sum & balance of the modifications that equals the desired end result.MarkusAsus P4P800-D3.0GHz-HT1G DDR400ATI Radeon 9600Pro-128MScreen Res: 1280x1024