Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Felix

1900D ILS Approach

Guest rog74

>I appreciate those who comment on hand flying the B1900D and I>would not fault them for not wanting to use the A/P. On the>other hand, those that only hand fly the B1900D and never use>the A/P really don't know this discussion and shouldn't fault>those that want a functional A/P.>>I think for the price point this product is great.Oh, don't get me wrong, I am not attacking anyone's opinion. Just pointing out the quandary for those of us that enjoy some healthy chop and low vis. The default auto doesn't like chop....at all. I agree with everything you said above.Cheers,Roger

Guest aca_dia

Quite a few 1900C & D models operated by US Air Express and other carriers have no autopilot. Colgan Air (US Airways Express) has no autopilots in any of the 1900D's that I know of. Or at least not in the part of the fleet that operates into Maine & Vermont. A friend of mine who is a pilot at Commutair reports than only some of the 1900D

Hi Roger,Sorry, none of that was directed at your post as I'm in agreement with you about flying in tough weather with a half decent A/P. It was directed more so to the people who post that they nevr use the A/P and tell us we should just hand fly it.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737, Lockheed C-130 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest skid_man

With regards to my post I generally have the autopilot fly the aircraft when at altitude and enroute and I find it is good at this. Once I get within the Terminal Control Area, however, and I am getting instruction from ATC I will generally hand fly the aircraft and I always hand fly the approach. For me it is my favourite part of flying in both the flight sim world and in real world flying!Cheers,Richard Rowe:-)

>What is the fun of letting "George" fly the airplane.Hmmm... not sure about this? I think it is fun when "George" gets to fly the airplane. :-lol:-)