Sign in to follow this  
Guest wee_davie_2612

737NG License

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hello all,PMDG, A simple question. Is it or is it not possible to install the 737NG onto two personal computers (i.e.Home and laptop/work)? I've had a look around at your site and also on this forum but haven't been able to find a FAQ, T&C's, EULA or post that answers this.I understand that the license system PMDG uses requires machine binding and the inability to reinstall without contacting PMDG, is this correct? If so I take it that CD backups don't work either? Hope you can clarify this for me.CheersDavid

Guest Marc Harrington

David,you can install it on two computers. No need to contact us.

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Marc,Thanks for the prompt reply. Could you outline the license system for me? I read in [a href=http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=136&topic_id=4864&mesg_id=4864&page=]another post[/a] (made, I assume, before the 737 was released) which said different.Did PMDG change their license system from what was writen in the linked post?CheersDavid

Guest Marc Harrington

Let's just say there isn't much I could tell you about... ;)

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Marc,Sorry, what I meant is could you explain the steps the end user now has to take if different from those outlined in the post I linked to above.CheersDavid

Guest rellehenk

Copy from EULA:a. One user may use the Software on the Customer's computer where the software was installed; you may use the Software on a second computer so long as only one copy is used at a time and only after having secured a second license permission from PMDG. You may use the Software on a network ONLY IF each individual accessing the Software through the network has a copy licensed to that individual and installed on the machine from which they are accessing the network; and you may copy the Software for archival purposes, provided the copy contains all of the original Software's proprietary notices.-----There is no product activation

Guest wee_davie_2612

Thanks Floris,So, just to be clear, the process is... Buy it, get the download link (and, I assume an activation code) via e-mail from PMDG, download the installer, run it, go fly?CheersDavid

Guest rellehenk

Buy, get the download link (no code), download whole package, install and go :)YOUR Second computer: Install, go :(

Guest wee_davie_2612

Thanks Floris :)David