Sign in to follow this  
Guest Clement Guivarc h

Thank you very much + is it normal ? (Beech, pic includ...

Guest Clement Guivarc h

Hi PMDG !First I'd like to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the Beech...you did an amazing job !I gotta say I'm in love with small propellers now ! And thanks for the low price and the free liveries...There's just one thing I've noticed, it's something about the model animation and it happens with the 2d panel/VC/VC Cab models.It's quite hard to explain for me so I thought a picture can speak far better than me ;-)In fact when I trim the aircraft up or down there's only the left part of the elevator which is moving, not the part on the other side. Is it as in real life or is it something you forgot ?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/61955.jpg../)_/). _ Cl

Guest Spilot

If found one other visual flaw. The exhaust stacks coming off the right engine are correct, but the left are wrong. They should be the same as the right engine. Presently they are backwards!Right engineinside stack is shaped upward and rightone is pretty straight!Left Engine (what it should be)The same way, inside pipe is straight and outside is curved upward. Maybe in the update this can be fixed!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

Guest Clement Guivarc h

So what do you think of spilot and mine's comments ?../)_/). _ Cl

Guest DanWalloch

>If found one other visual flaw.Only 1 other flaw..........theres alot more than that.....

Guest Clement Guivarc h

Cmon PMDG...can u tell me if it's normal ?../)_/). _ Cl

"Only 1 other flaw..........theres alot more than that....."Curious what you mean by this... I wouldn't have noticed either of these issues had someone not pointed it out... I suspect both could be quickly fixed in the mdl. file alone, but if there's other "flaws" don't you think it worthwhile to note what they are in order to help PMDG support their product?

Guest ZIACargo

The "flaw" you see is your elevator trim tabs. Currently set to provide a bunch of down elevator. In other words that's not a flaw.

I think you missed the point of the question--the trim tab only moves on the left side, not the right... Is that normal for a 1900?

Guest Spilot

I Don't know if it is a flaw or not. If it is real on the B1900D, then the left tab would be for a normal trim tab, and the right tab would be an anti-servo tab. That means plain in simple that the right tab goes in the same direction as the elevator moves inorder to increase resistance when you apply more pressure. This gives the plane a solid feel to it and helps from overcontrolling. Which could very well be the case knowing the stability problems with the 1900D.And just for anyone that wanted to know, a regular servo tab can be found on the F4u Corsair ailerons. They go the opposite way of the flight control inorder to lighten up the control pressure needed. That is why the F4U is a dream to roll and is very light on the controls except the elevator!AdamSpilot692000@yahoo.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpghttp://eaglesoftdg1.com/images/PS1.jpg

Thanks for the interesting reply Adam.... I didn't realize that the tabs could be set up this way on the elevator, but it makes sense after reading your post.I did observe the exhaust port issue on the engines... I would have never noticed it in a million years--I had to look at several airliners.net posts before I found what was mentioned. I'm actually surprised the 1900 isn't set up like the PMDG model. You'd think the exhaust ports would be mirror images of each other on each engine for reasons of symmetry and airflow....Anyway, I love this aircraft and really enjoy the way it flies.... It's also one of a handful of aircraft that I enjoy flying from spot view....I'd love to see the artists at PMDG branch out and do an "Express" CJ1.... The CJ1 is one of the most neglected bizjets in the hobby...I'd shell out the same money in a heartbeat, given the flight dynamics and attention to detail in the 1900... -John

Guest Clement Guivarc h

I love to get a reply more than I hate to bump...So please just answer this simple question: is it normal or not ???../)_/). _ Cl

Guest DanWalloch

What I mean is that there are multiple visual flaws with the model.

Guest ba747heavy

>What I mean is that there are multiple visual flaws with the>model.I have stared at the model plenty and I cannot find any problems with it beyond those mentioned in this thread. Can you please elablorate?

Not a flaw, but I was surprised that the model does not have animated propeller feathering. I love this plane and can't wait for the paint kit.Philip.

Guest jason2112

> surprised that the model does not have animated propeller featheringPlease read the "Important Notes" section in the B1900 manual! It clearly describes why you don't see changing prop angles while the turbine is off - short version: lack of oil pressure.VOlker :]