Sign in to follow this  

GPS emulation and moving maps

Peter's program is what I use -- it works fine with all the GPS software I have (Topo USA, Encarta, Street Atlas). Did you try having it send all the various kinds of GPS output it can to your other program?I won't fly without my moving map in my other monitor -- you can sure learn a lot about geography that way.

Guest Aidi

If you want to use NOS/GEO charts from Aeroplanner, have you considered getting FSFlightMax? Does the job and a bundle of other amazing features to go with it.. You may or may not know about it, but here is the website.www.fsflightmax.comhttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Hi Uwe:I have the same setup you are trying to make work. I purchased the 50 chart package and put them into Ozi. A couple of things.1) When you load the charts into Ozi you will need to define the datum info for each chart. Although the charts were created with the 84 standard, they are saved in another and do not account for curvature. Otherwise the charts will be off just a bit from actual position, so you need to correct that by inputing a couple of numbers (min lat, max lat, and central long of the chart). You will note that the chart's grid does not match exactly to the Ozi grid if you do nothing.2) Make sure that the GPS out data matches what Ozi expects (or you set) in speed, parity and format (i.e. Garmin or just plain data).I am at work now AND my home system is off-line for a bit while we move. So, I cannot help you further for about a 2 weeks on the above. I can try from memory to answer any questions on the above, but just keep in mind that I have a Great memory but it is short. :)

Guest UweR

Hi Aidan, I am a user since day one of FSFlightMax, but I

Guest UweR

Hi Kathy, thanks for the help. I will experiment a bit more and report. Do you have any experience with AirPlan, and if yes, is it an alternative to OziExplorer?Regards, Uwe

Hi again Uwe.No, I have not used Airplan. We use OziExplore for boating (have it loaded on a laptop with charts and hooked to a pair of Garmins on-board). I never took a laptop flying - I use a Garmin Pilot. I was just lucky that the 50 chart pack loads into Ozi with a little calibration tweaks. When FlightMax can automatically load charts I will, most likely, use that for the simming instead of Ozi.