Sign in to follow this  
Guest Valid_Andy

Can someone please help me? KMCO issue!

Guest Valid_Andy

Hey all,Following Tim's excellent tutorial, I today went onto the fourth flight I think, where you fly from KTNT to KMCO. I got this error when I was entering KMCO in, don't worry about it being in the wrong box it happens in both, I was just checkinghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/69255.jpgAny ideas anyone? I don't know if it is due to the new AIRAC 0403 or not since I hadn't flown to KMCO with the bird on the old SIDSTARS. I had a contact send me there version of KMCO and it still did not work for me, so Is it just my computer? I tried EGLL and it didn't give such an error. Any more info just ask please, I'd really like to fly to KMCO, I ended up trying putting in 2 of the main waypoints on the approach in by hand and just guessing the rest!EDIT: Sorry forgot to say, the issue was it didn't have any approaches or runways to choose! Ooops...

Guest mvf1981

Hi,I too have the same problem,I found a quick fix (you will loose runway 35 and 17 though)Go to your pmdg folder in fs directory,then go to the sidstars folder, go to the KMCO txt file and open it,under runways delete the entries for 35 and 17 and save the file.(backup first just incase)Now when you load up the plan in the fmc all should be okWell its a quick fix like I said :)Mark ;)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgAKA BAW101, First Officer

Guest Valid_Andy

Cool thanks Mark! I'll try it tommorow :)

Hi: You should also not that Orlando International just opened a new runway 35R-17L just to the east of the old 35-17 now named 35L-17R. MSFS does not have this in the default scenery. There is however a new AFCAD file for KMCO with the new runway. I believe you can find it at either Avsim or Simviation. Should clear up any problems.v/rTodd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Hi there.I have just looked into the wpNavAPT from the new AIRAC 0403, and the new runways are listed there. That's why you get the error message. I filled in the new runways in the Sid/Star file and everything is OK.RNWSRNW 17RRNW 17LRNW 35LRNW 35RRNW 36LRNW 36RRNW 18RRNW 18LENDRNWSI think you also have to edit and fill in the rwy's in the SID's listed, but I don't have AIP for the AP. Maybe someone else can fill us in here with info. Are the SID's listed in the file also for the new rwy's?Hope this helpsPer A

Guest mvf1981

It worked,I manually changed the approaches from 17 and 35 in apps to 17R and 35L this seems to have cured all problems however there is no apps for the 17L 35R not in the sid/star file anyway (dont have charts avail yet)heres what I changed! as well as adding 17L 17R 35L 35R to the runways as suggested!APPROACH DILS17R FIX GLOSI SPEED 180 FIX MINCO FIX I17M FIX I17I RNW 17R TRK 184 UNTIL 500 HOLD AT FIX SABOT RIGHT TURN INBOUNDCOURSE 162 ALT 2000 SPEED 230 LEGDIST 3andAPPROACH DILS35L FIX DDO90 SPEED 180 FIX SPURR FIX I35M FIX I35I RNW 35L TRK 4 UNTIL 500 TRK 110 INTERCEPT RADIAL 140 FROM FIX ORL HOLD AT FIX PRESK RIGHT TURN INBOUNDCOURSE 140 ALT 2500 SPEED 230 LEGDIST 3DILS17R was originally DILS17 and DILS35L was originally DILS35but the runways are now displayed. I have no charts to compare to at the moment so I am just going by what is already implimented into the sid/star file.seems ok for now :)thanksMark ;)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgAKA BAW101, First Officer

Guest Valid_Andy

Hey Mark, would it be possible for you to upload the file to the forum? It should only be a small file so it should be allowed? I'm really stuck with this, not good at editing text files! Thanks

Guest mvf1981

Hi Andy :)this should do the trick!sorry for the delay I had a long night and busy day.>>> ok I am having one of my retarded moments! (cannot seem to upload the file to avsim) any chance you could give me your email address to send it to instead?;)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgAKA BAW101, First Officer

Guest tmetzinger

This thread shows the potential problems with keeping the various navigation databases current while the FS "world" lags behind.It can be tricky to make sure that the different "worlds" match up.That's one of the reasons the tutorial calls out 0313 for the NavData - it's the one that works. It's also why I create it with default scenery - so that the most people have the best shot of duplicating the flight.When I update the Tutorial for the 800/900, I'll certify it with whatever files are current at the time.For those who may be wondering, the updated tutorial will still be based on the 700 but will cover all the new FMC features, and there will be one flight in the 800 or 900 with a ground school segment on the differences.

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Tim,Will the new tute be available as a supplementary to the main tutorial or will you be integrating the whole thing into one?Cheers (and many thanks for the tutes :))David

Guest tmetzinger

>Hey Tim,>>Will the new tute be available as a supplementary to the main>tutorial or will you be integrating the whole thing into one?>>Cheers (and many thanks for the tutes :))>>DavidHmm... At the moment, the answer is "both" - there'll be an addendum that you can tack on to the existing version if you have it already and I'll post the addendum to Avsim.Then I'll probably have Avsim pull the V2 tutorial and re-release the "complete" V3 tutorial through a reseller.So there will be a public "upgrade" available, and a payware "complete" version.

Guest Valid_Andy

Sounds great Tim, thanks for the update! Your tutorials are what made me able to fly these things...so far so good anyway!