Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sabre Squelch

600-700 versus 800-900

Guest Sabre Squelch

Greetings,Forgive me if this is a dumb question, as I am a relative neophyte in the world of payware jetliners...My question is this - what is the difference between the 737-600/-700 and the 737-800/-900? I understand the number of and layout of seats is different between the four aircraft, but what about the flight dynamics, FMC, etc.?It seems as if there are many people waiting for the 737-800/-900 to come out, even more than are waiting for the 747. I just got the 737NG, so I am waiting for the 747, since it is an entirely different experience, with a much longer range, different flight dynamics, etc.Why are there so many people looking forward to the 737-800/-900? What are your reasons? If there is a monumental difference between it and the current 737, I may look forward to it as well...Thanks!--------------------------------Sean McCaffertyP4 2.41024 MB DDRFX5600

Guest Andrej

Hello,I am waiting for 800/900 series. I like it this series more than 600/700 so it is just personal prefernece.In any way, does anyone knows what stage of production is 800/900 series? ThanksAndrej

Guest Qantas_738

TCAS, Weather Radar, differenet flight dynamics, yes the flight dynamics ARE different! more updated and better selection of Panel, and cause more airlines have 800/900's than 6/700's ;D

Guest BoeingFreak

TCAS, Weather Radar is something I am particulaly looking forward too!Does the -800 have lower EICAS?

Hi>Does the -800 have lower EICAS?All NGs have a upper and lower display unit. Wether the lower one is used or not is operator dependent. Some operators only have the compact EICAS screen on the upper DU. And some have the complete two EICAS screens. Hope it helps,

There are some things mixed up here I guess...As far as I know the real 737NG does not have an EICAS system. Or didn't have one originally? I'm not quite sure...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

MarkusYou are right! On the 737 it's called EIS, not having the CA functions! For those not familiar with the abbreviations, EICAS stands for Engine Information and Crew Alerting System. The center DUs contain the Engine Information System and the fuel gauges.Cheers,

I really don't know that, Markus.I'm just a mere beta test pilot! ;-)Cheers,

I know Mats, but you never know what you Beta-guys already had the chance to play with :)Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Stefan Bergert

Concerning the question why there are so many people are eagerly waiting for the 800/900 and not concentrating on the 747...I think it's better to have the NG-series more "complete" than having another aircraft (which will even take longer to develop than the add-on for the 600/700).Besides, I like to fly shorter legs (especially online with Vatsim etc.) and the 737NG is a very special aircraft.Also the 747 is not that interesting anymore since I often fly with PS13 which simulates the 747 in the best way.Just my opinion...Regards,Stefan

Guest robl

What is ps13 pleaseregards Robert

Guest N1152S

I suppose for myself I'm awaiting the added functionality, (TCAS etc.) But also I like to keep my flights under 2.5 hours so the 737 fits perfect. Its also realism, most airlines I like to mimic fly the bigger 900's. Not to mention the 700 series was such a phenominal aircraft that I cant even imagine what the "refined" 8/900 will be like!