Sign in to follow this  
Guest DonaldS

Beech 1900D Exterior Lights switch

Guest DonaldS

EXTERIOR LIGHTS: I can't read them as they appear on the panel. I can identify only the ones shwon below as reading the switches from left to right:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/62055.jpg1. & 2.Landing (left and right)3. Taxi4. ?5. ?6. Anti Collision (Beacon and Strobe)7. Anti Collision (Beacon and Strobe)8. ?9. Tail light light on logo10.Panel LightCould someone tell me what the "?" switches are?Thanks

4. Ice5. Nav8. RecogChris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest DonaldS

Chris - thanks for the reply.What exactly is "ice" as it pertains to exterior lights?( I turn it on every flight, just to be on the safe side. hahahahahaha)Regards,DonaldS

They're supposed to illuminate the wings so the pilots can see if there's any ice building up on them so they can de-ice. They're basically wing inspection lights. They aren't very bright on my B1900, so they probably need to be enhanced a little.Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I see that there is a separate logo light... seems like this wasn't possible back in 737 SU1...Does this mean that we will have separate logo light with 737-800/900 and that we'll be be able to turn them once in the air??? That would be cool...BTW, i'm not a prop driver at all but I really really really enjoy flyin' this B1900D Express...I even susprised myself wishing it wasn't an "Express" product so we could have some systems simulated...Congrats again PMDG for the nice job...This bird is beautiful!!

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest DonaldS

Thank you, Chris.Yes, I can see that now. (a light illuminating the wing to check for icing) I should have realized that. I have flown (as a passenger) dozens of flights in the 1900D from my airport and remember; vividly, one flight in particular that icing was a problem and my fascination/terror at looking out of the window as the light illuminated the wing and the ice.Regards,DonaldS

Never been on a B1900 or any commuter myself, just 737s and a few Cessnas. In my city (Phoenix, Arizona) I doubt icing ever becomes much of an issue ;-) We only have two seasons you know, summer (about 8 to 9 months) and a mild winter.As far as the wing lights are concerned, they don't illuminate the plane like they do on the 737NG and other add-ons. Not sure if were allowed to increase the values for this or not. I'm leaving them alone unless PMDG says it's okay or updates them.Take care,Chris

- Chris

They're much easier to read in the VC. Look overhead and zoom in.John

Oh...Memories - Denver to Santa Fe. Me, some college kid, and the crew. Oh and that gremlin on the wing...

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

If someone were to go about brightening that ICE lighting....what would one do? I noticed it a bit dim too...Seen it on a few Sky Ex flights from MKE to STL in real life and it is brighter than depicted..