Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Anyone Having Trouble Reading the JL2 EADI?

I love Reality XP's products and support them 100%. Fortunately you can change the settings for color and other parameters for their JL2 and JL4 displays. I thought the sky and ground color were too bright and made it very hard to see the annunciators on them. The hardest to see is the LOC/GS markers, which are important. Below is a copy of my edited RXPJETLINE2.INI located in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftPMDG EXPRESS B1900DJust open this file with Notepad and edit. I added the ScaleColor and NeedleColor lines for the LOC/GS display for white (you can pick whatever color you think looks best). I also changed the sky and ground color to what I think looks a little better. For reference to what the various parameters are, go to your Reality XP shortcut (Start > Programs > Reality XP) and open the Jet Line Configuration File. It explains each command pretty well. Hope this helps the new Reality XP customers.Regards,Chris///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Reality XP JetLine 2 Configuration File for PMDG Express B1900D///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[local]VMO=247RadAlt=-4.5FDMode=VBARScaleColor=255,255,255NeedleColor=255,255,255APTFILT_Type=HAPTFILT_Len=3000CDI=ONRTU1Pages=1,3,4RTU1Com=1RTUMaster=OFFGEARWind=ONSoundVolume=30YokeAPDisco=ONScrews=ONEADIPopup=15231EHSIPopup=15232RTU1Popup=15233RTU2Popup=15233PopupMaster=YESClearMain=NOFDAvail=YESRunwayGuide=ONSkyColor=0,101,202GndColor=179,89,0

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Thanks! The only difficult selection were the LOC/GS colors. White is hard to see, but so are a lot of colors. I might still experiment with those, but at least the darker sky and ground make it easier overall.Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest rog74

I'm curious, do the Reality XP gauges "pop up" like those in the PMDG 737/PSS Airbus packages ?Thanks,Roger

Guest Rudo

>I'm curious, do the Reality XP gauges "pop up" like those in>the PMDG 737/PSS Airbus packages ?>>Thanks,>>RogerHi Roger,Yes, they do. And that is a good thing because they are too small for my taste in the B1900 Panel...Rudi

I cannot figure out where to put the abouve figures in at? I placed a copy of the ini file into the PMDG Express folder. Now do I just copy and past the above into the bottom of that file or do I change the figures that are already in there?? I see King Air 350 and local and then at the bottom I see a section titled "typical" This is near the top:// Configuration Set Name. referenced in the 5th parameter of the gauge in the panel.cfg file//// Configuration Set Name when the INI file is in the local aircraft folderThis is near the bottom:What section do I change? I don't understand.

Eric 

Make sure you edit the RXPJETLINE2.INI that installs into the PMDG Express B1900 folder in your aircraft directory - NOT the one that is in the main FS9 directory - not that you'd harm something, but the local copy overrides the other settings.That file should have nothing in it but a Local section, and just replace all of the parameters in there with the ones posted above.Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hi Eric. Did you figure it out?Like the post above said, don't alter the .ini file that says King Air in the RXP root folder, but the one in the BEECH folder. Just copy and paste OVER the settings in that file.Chris

- Chris

Guest HepburnUGA

Hi Chris,I'm out of town on a business trip, but I would love to see what your mods look like. Any chance for a screenshot?Thanks!Jeff

Ya, got it worked out Chris..thanks for the new settings..works like a charm now!

Eric 

Good deal Eric, glad it worked. I will try to post a screen in a while Jeff. I basically just changed the sky and ground colors since they were too bright and made it hard to see the annunciators on them.Chris

- Chris

I don't have a "before the edit" pic, however the RXP EADI was real greenish-blue and light brown, which made it impossible to see the LOC/GS and other info on it. It was pretty though :-) Here's my panel with the EADI zoomed out (sorry, the compression makes the panel look blurry, but it's not in the sim):http://members.cox.net/orlaam/B1900.jpg

- Chris

Guest UweR

Hi, does anybody have a photo of the EFIS in the B1900 - how it actually looks in reality? I figure PMDG chose their colours for a reason, and would like to "keep the feel" of the panel. Here