Sign in to follow this  

AI amazing, or a maze? Anyone got a map?

My flying time in FS2002 is already suffering owing to my addiction to installing whatever is new and exciting in Avsim's wonderful library; all the time praying that MS will not change the rules too drastically with FS2004 so that I have to start all over again.To date, I have only trifled with AI, playing with TT Tools and AFCAD to little effect. But having decided to explore AI further (silly boy ..) I now have the following useful tools in my development hangar ...TT ToolsAFCADAI MapAI ShufflerAI SpeedAI TrafficAI Traffic EditorAI Traffic MoveryRouteAirEx TTGlobal Fleet aircraftTT Tools CompanionProject AI aircraftThere are no doubt others. So that's all clear then. All I have to do is work out how the heck all this lot relates and then individually sort out 1,000 planes or so into the right 4,356,789 flightplans and 25,000 airports. Should only take me the rest of my life.And then FS2004 will arrive and it'll all be for nothing. Or will it? Who knows, yet. But in the meantime, will someone please give me the quick and dirty on the best and simplest way to move ahead on all this without being completely ostracized by my family.I've searched the forum but not really found an overview. Is there one anywhere?Thanks in anticipation, and I hope that this thread proves useful to others. I can't be the only one to be totally gobsmacked at the options.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. I'd like to thank the freeware developers of all this super software, but I'm not sure what for yet!http://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest Heather 636

I couldn't have asked any more eloquently Mark. Thanks.What we need is "How to Manipulate AI for Dummies."Maybe you should put that manual together Mark, you'd probably make a fortune.Cheers!Heather

Agreed...(is this a "bump"?)bt

This is exactly why I leave the AI to MS and run with the default setup. If I went into the "maze" as you call it I would never have time to fly anymore. Besides I kind of like to be suprised at where and when the AI planes show up. If I spent all the time to set up their flights it would take the "Mystery" out of it all and I would be flying around trying to verify that all flights went off on schedule. That is too close to what I have been doing in the real world. No thanks I'll just let the AI planes fend for themselves and just wave at them as they fly by.Ken

It seems to me that the EASIEST way to go about things (aside from Blowhole's suggestion to let MS do the walking), is to use the Project AI installers. I still use Ttools, Wordpad, and the ol' cut 'n paste to add specifics here and there.