Sign in to follow this  
tstiegler

B1900D Cockpit

Marc,understood and accepted. The visual model is outstanding, no question. I'm looking forward to the 737-800/900 and especially to the 747-400 :-)Regards, Tom.

With all the heavy iron out there it is refreashing to fly something as simple as the B1900D. A King Air on steroids, with nothing but the basics in the cockpit. I have been around many King Airs, and I have to say this is a perfect example of simplicity. Granted some had better avionics packages than others, but for the most part what PMDG is offering here is pretty much right on. Who needs a fancy Garmin GPS when you have a perfectly good VOR.Great work PMDG!Kevin

Guest argosdex

You are absolutely right, $14.95 is an extremely good deal, hell I paid more for Carenado's Dakota. And personally I could care less that most of the guages are King Air defaults, big deal. The night lighting is really cool -even if it lights up a bit late in the eveneing- the plane is really beautiful.However I think everything should work, and it doesn't. I tried posting elsewhere and so far no one has acknowledged that there is a slight problem which could be easily fixed.A) On the 2D panel I noticed that there are no fuel guages I had to swithc to VC to see them on the left side by the window.:( I looked in the panel.cfg and noticed the follwing: gauge46=SimIcons1024!Fuel Icon, 1006,372,24,24I also noticed that in the panel folder there is a B1900D_FUEL.bmp. Logic told me that something was amiss.C) In the panel.cfg line above there are 2 problems1) there is an exclamation mark missing (!) after the word "simicons"2) the simicons.cab file that ships with FS2002 does NOT contain a "fuel icon"D) Sure enough, you can bring the fuel panel up with shift+8, which would normally not be a problem, however, the fuel gauges appear to be too far at the top of the bitmap, as well as being oval shaped, too small and distorted, no doubt a further problem in the panel.cfg in the following lines://--------------------------------------------------------[Window08]file=B1900D_FUEL.bmp file_1024=..panelB1900D_FUEL.bmp size_mm=486window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=250window_size= 0.380, 0.230window_pos= 0.620, 0.770gauge00=Kingair!CrossFeed_Switch, 216,78,46,51gauge01=PMDG_B1900_L_FUEL!PMDG_B1900_L_FUEL, 101,76,100,88gauge02=PMDG_B1900_R_FUEL!PMDG_B1900_R_FUEL, 275,77,100,87This is no doubt just a setting/sizing issue that should not require a great deal of programming. Unfortunately I do not have a panel editor.I hope the attached jpg further illustrates the problem, and it would be extremely nice (pretty please) if a small patch were to be issued.Many thanks

Guest HepburnUGA

I believe they are responding to a post that was deleted (not completely sure though).Regards,Jeff

Sorry, missing your name.There is obviously something wrong with your install. The default install of our PMDG B1900D does indeed have the fuel gauge icon as witnessed by this screenshot. The fuel gauge also does not appear to be distorted as in your attached image. Please try reinstalling the product again to see if that corrects the problem.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/62118.jpg

Guest jbB737

>It's my impression too. The B1900D has a really nice exterior>but the 2D panel is not of PMDG standard. It's not much more>than another King Air panel with some justification. And the>Garmin GPS 500 is rarely to be found on a B1900D panel. From>that point of view I'm not sure if it's worth the money. It>also seems that the airplane is too easy to handle at all. I'm>not a real life pilot, so I may be wrong in this case, but I>think, the flight dynamics are not very well modelled too.>>Maybe we can expect some improvements in the future.No need for improvement on this thing, it's just right. Not much more than a King Air panel with some justification?? Dude, that's what a Beech 1900 is, just a big King Air. The 2D panel used is indeed an actual photo of a 1900D panel. And Garmin 530s aren't mounted on the center panel, that's where the radar goes... but who cares? No need for radar in this thing, so why not have a good GPS? When these things were new at Mesa we actually had King KLN-88 Lorans mounted there, was quite nice to use with the EFIS screens.Too easy to handle?? Nahhh, it flies just like the real thing, which is to say, nice. Flies like a big C-182, only better. Can't beat a Beechcraft for nice handling airplanes; the flight dynamics are just fine... my only beef was the ailerons were a bit heavy and sluggish, so I tweaked that right away. Flies great now...Trust me on this, it's a great model. I have roughly 3300 hrs (1100 as capt, 2200 as FO)logged in Beech 1900Cs and Ds; flew 'em at Mesa when they were fairly new. And old 3YV, ugly as that paint is, got a soft spot for it, flew that ship my very first day out as a new captain. Then again, it did blow a prop governor on me that day...Johnformer BE-1900, current B737 FO

Guest NetBoyz

Hello,I had the same issues. I found the file simicons1024.cab on my system within the file veneaviones_ii_fix.zip from the Citation II on Avsim. Putting the simicons1024.cab file in your gauges folder will make the fuel panel icon show up.I found that I had to comment out the file_1024 line in Window08 to prevent distortion of the fuel panel.And, I found that setting night=2,30,30 in the "color" section at the end of the panel.cfg file toned down the panel lighting to a level I prefer.Thanks -- Dick Bixler

Guest rog74

This is in response to Argosdex's postSir, is your screenshot taken from FS2002 ? If so, I can verify that my FS2002 install has no fuel gauge button either. I only have a fuel gauge button in FS2004. I can however bring the fuel gauge up (in FS2002) with the corresponding SHIFT + command ( I think it is shift + 7,8, or 9 ? I can't remember right now). Unlike your fuel gauge though, mine is not distorted.Good Luck,RogerEdited to Add: Ahh, I see that your shot is indeed from FS2002. That explains the lack of a button. The distortion is strange though. Perhaps it would help if people stated upfront what sim they were using the product on, as some issue manifest in FS2002, others in FS2004.

Guest NetBoyz

Hi, see my post above for resolution of the fuel panel in FS2002... Dick Bixler

Hi, 15 $ for this wonderful aircraft is a good deal even with the default King Air gauges.I do not like this gauges like many others. Especially the radios are far below PMDG quality. I replaced the NAV1+2 and the ADF with the gauges from the FS2002 - Collins Navpack (Dragonflight Design by Dai Griffiths). This gauges also work in FS9 and offer standby frequency and 6 cannel store function. This is the gauge quality that fits to the excellent Beech1900 model.So next time make the price 20 $ and include more custom made gauges.G. Kollmann

Guest ToniA320

Hello Marc Harrington,First I want to thank you for your answer. Furthermore you are right

Guest PilotPete

>Too easy to handle?? Nahhh, it flies just like the real>thing, which is to say, nice. Flies like a big C-182, only>better. Can't beat a Beechcraft for nice handling airplanes;>the flight dynamics are just fine... my only beef was the>ailerons were a bit heavy and sluggish, so I tweaked that>right away. Flies great now...John,It did seem sluggish to me too. What was your aileron tweak?PeterKTOA"The air takes me into its realm" - Beryl Markhamhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest argosdex

Thank you for your reply. However, after some research and a kind post from another user in this thread I found out that a file named simicons1024.cab and an edit to the panel.cfg was needed. I surmise that you either have FS2004 installed in your system or you obtained simicons1024.cab from another source. Since that file has a publishing date on 6/13/2003 it could not have possibly been shipped with FS2002, since the aircraft is marketed for FS2002 AND FS2004 perhaps you'd consider including the above mentioned file in the install.As per the suggestion of another user in this thread I also edited the panel.cfg to show as follows://--------------------------------------------------------[Window08]file=..panelB1900D_FUEL.bmp <----------{change}//file_1024=..panelB1900D_FUEL.bmp <----------{change}size_mm=486window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=250window_size= 0.380, 0.230window_pos= 0.620, 0.770gauge00=Kingair!CrossFeed_Switch, 216,78,46,51gauge01=PMDG_B1900_L_FUEL!PMDG_B1900_L_FUEL, 101,76,100,88gauge02=PMDG_B1900_R_FUEL!PMDG_B1900_R_FUEL, 275,77,100,87All is well now and the plane flies like a dream.Many thanks againMilton Harispe

Guest argosdex

AHAAAAA! said the wise man (or some such nonsense)...Many, many thanks for helping me resolve the problem, your suggestions worked very well, although I was not able to find simicons1024.cab where you suggested I did find it as part of a FS2004 Dash 8 panel by Steve Southey. Also as you stated the fix in the panel.cfg worked well and all is fine now.In a previous post on this thread a PMDG team member suggested a reinstall which would have obviously not solved the problem, I really feel they should fix the file.Anyway thanks again.Milton Harispe