Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Reality XP v1.2

Guest wkzzo

It looks like version 1.2 of the reality xp gps gauges have been released.

Guest Stardog

Whoowhoooo!I been waiting on this!!Not so much for the update but for the utility that was supposed to come with the update that installs the stack in any plane in your invetory automatically :)Thanks for the heads up

Guest KenG

Boy, that was quick. I checked their site a couple hours ago and it didn't say that. Then I go back after reading your post, and sure enough. For those who need the link: www.reality-xp.com

Guest Stardog

Ya same here!That was the first thing I checked when I came into the office this morning and there was nothing new there and WALA!Cant wait to get home now, I been waiting for an easy way to install this stack into other planes without editing the panel file.Now I hope it will allow you to just install certain parts of the stack as well as the whole thing :) im not holding my breath though

Guest Stardog

Has anyone tried the EZ-Config thing yet?I am curious if you can just pick like the GPS and install just it.I would like to do that with the ARcher II as I really like the stock radio stack it has.

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Stardog,the EZConfig tool is great! it automatically adds both the GPS and the Radios in a separate popup window! There is a new ministack also configured to simply toggle each window with the mouse. So you have both but if you would like to only display the GPS, there is no need to also popup the Radios!Hope it helps!

Guest wkzzo

Hey jean luc did you have to uninstall your previous version of reality xp. I noticed there is a note on the download page to uninstall any previous versions first before updating, I dont remember doing this for version 1.1. And what about user waypoints ,will they all be lost during the database rebuild. I have also configured all of my default aircraft with the gauge stack from geofa's debonair, will the new install revert these back to the reality xp stack config? Thanks.

Guest Stardog

Hmmmm that sounds cool!Are they still gauges or are they used like a module now kind of like FSNavigator is?Sounds great however they are doing it, i cant wait :)

Thanks for the heads-up Wallace.I have to say I missed the small-print about uninstalling any previous versions, so I didn't and so far no problems. Needless to say, I haven't done much testing yet...If I'd noticed it in time I would have uninstalled, now I'll just wait and see and uninstall/reinstall if and when I'm suspecting problems...

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Wallace,the only purpose of uninstalling the previous version is to cleanup things in the folders and the Reality XP windows START menu! However, this does not remove or delete the userwpt.txt file so when you rebuild the database all your waypoints are back there, plus a few extra new VORTAC in standard. Also, the panel.cfg files are not removed during uninstall. The default FS2002 panel config files that are supplied in v1.2 have changed. They are formatted with some information related to the EZConfig tool. This make them manageable after installation with the EZConfig tool! cool stuff.Hope it helps!

Guest wkzzo

Thanks for the insight everyone, The user waypoints were a file of european waypoints someone uploaded to avsim, Not sure If they were ever uploaded to reality xp site though so ,there not really my personel waypoints Uwe.,

Wow...It just keeps getting better! But to be completely honest I liked modifying them myself with EZ Panel Creator. Scott

Guest JeanLuc_

That is great though that now we have a choice for both experienced and less experienced users! This is getting better indeed!!