Sign in to follow this  
Guest cugnolo

Is it possible to determine C.G. (%MAC)....

Guest cugnolo

Is it possible to determine the center of gravity for the 737 at a given weight?It would be nice to have picth set correctly at every take-off.Is it something that can be modelled in the sim or not?Thanks, Davidhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/62089.jpg

DavidIt is possible to determine the CoG in FS. It has variables for this.Without knowing what's going on in the -800 workshop at the moment I think we *might* see this implemented for the FMC update in the next package as this is how the real thing works. Again, I don't know, just a thought, so don't hold the team responsible if it's not there ok? ;-)Talking about the real NG. How does it work? Do the flight crew get a CoG on the final load sheets and do they punch it in the FMC or is there some magic gizmo that can actually sense the CoG? Cheers,

You have to manually enter it on all (FMS/MCDU) equipped aircraft I have seen.Regards,Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

as to your question how the flighcrew works with cg's. I have reference to the procedures on the md-11 but I suppose not much differences with other types.The aircraft has an onboard weight/balance system which will calculate the cg, each wheel has a sensor that measures the weight on each wheel and that information is fed into the computer for w&b calculations. Now legally the crew is not allowed to only use this info. The system is not certified for this. So at all times they will need a loadsheet with CG calculations ... now crew will need to check if loadsheet cg is in the same range as aircaft cg... if so they crew may choose to either continue with the ac data, so nothing to input here... or may choose to overwrite the ac data with the loadsheet data... from my experience crew will normally just go ahead with the ac datab rdgs Dick

"I have reference to the procedures on the md-11 but I suppose not much differences with other types."LOL.... Lots of differences here ;-)Actually Weight & Balance systems are relatively rare in the aviation world. As you say, "legally the crew is not allowed to only use this info", and the system is considered by some to be unreliable, so there is not a big demand for it. I've only seen the W&B system on cargo or combi aircraft (That's not to say it isn't used on regular pax aircraft... Please let me know if you see one ;-)). There is no mention of a W&B system in the Bulfer 737NG FMC Guide, so that is probably a good indication that this system is not fitted to 737NG's Manual entry of CG is the most common method. From this and gross weight, the NG FMC automatically computes stab trim settings (some Boeing types also put T/O thrust into these calculation).Hope this helps?Cheers.Ian.

Guest Matthew Murray

Hey, What are dispathcers for then? hehehe..ooh ooh..pick me..i know...yup they give ya the CoG...once the calculate cargo/baggae and passeneger distribution

[P CLASS=style1] Matthew Murray [/P][P][sPAN CLASS=style1]-|http://www.precisionmanuals.com|-[bR][/sPAN]

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg[/P]