Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robison

B1900D Issues

Guest Robison

Greetings PMDG Team,First off let me start by saying that you have done an outstanding job on the B1900D model. It looks absolutely stunning as far as the visual aspect goes. VC and cabin interior are also incredible. Unfortunately I have found that the sounds and interior panel are not up to PMDG standard. I understood that the panel would not have all the intriquite systems designed etc. At the same time it seems like you guys really didn't put all that much effort into it either. I mean you have to remember that you guys are selling payware addons and I have seen freeware panels that look 10 times better. You guys should have just sold the aircraft on its own if you weren't gonna put the effort into the panel. Another outstanding issue is the sounds for the aircraft. You can actually hear where the sound loops at about 40% throttle. I almost have to fly the thing at full throttle or cut it altogether to get a smooth sound. I hope you guys get this issue resolved. It would make flying the Beech a whole lot more enjoyable. Thank You,Mike Robison

Mike,not to belabor the point too much, we clearly stated in several announcements and on the PMDG B1900D product page that the panel would be a combination of default MSFS gauges and custom PMDG gauges. As outlined by Marc in response to another post by ToniA320, would we have "put the effort into the panel" that you were expecting, the B1900D would no doubt have cost significantly more than the $14.95 than it does and would still be under development, delaying the 800/900 and 747-400. We developed the B1900D just for the enthusist that doesn't want to climb into the NG with all of it's complexity, and who just wants to experience an exceptional visual model and great flight model. There are no issues with the panel, it's exactly as we intended it to be. You can gain added functionality with the additon of RealityXP gauges but as delivered from PMDG, the B1900D is a capable and fun aircraft to fly. I'll alert out support staff to your issue with the sounds. Thanks for your support and understanding.

Guest Robison

Pete,I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my posting. Please understand that I am in no way dissatisfied with my purchase. PMDG is by far the best payware author in the business. Like I had stated previously the visual model is stupendous and it alone is worth the $14.95. I just figured that if you were going to include the panel you might have put just a tad bit more effort into it. But I understand you are busy with other projects etc. I just hope that first time purchasers of PMDG products (PMDG B1900D) don't get the wrong impression as far as your panel design capabilities go. Other than that I just want to THANK YOU for an awesome addon to FS and look forward to many more in the future. Oh and thanks for looking into the sound issue.Regards,Mike Robison

No problem Mike,I just wanted to make sure that any novice who read your post would not get the idea that we were short shrifting them. Thanks for sharing your concerns. After all, that's the only way we can improve our products. Hopefully we'll be able to keep you as a long term customer with some of our upcoming releases.

Guest DonaldS

>Hopefully we'll be able to keep you as a long term customer with some of >our upcoming releases.I am a brand new customer to PMDG and I am completely, 100 percent satisfiec with your outstanding product; the Beech 1900D. I hope to become a long term customer as time goes by. I'm not much a fan of the big iron stuff but hopefully you'll continue to add other "Express" aircraft similar to the Beech 1900D along the way. i.e. prop, turbo-prob.Thanks again for a great product. Regards,DonaldS