Sign in to follow this  
Guest missionator

Compass Rose Offset in FS9 after SU3 (B737NG)

Guest missionator

Hi everyone!This is my first post on this forum since I didn

Hi Ingo,I have never heard of anyone having problems with this after SU3. But it may be a good idea to do a search on this forum to see if it has been dealt with earlier.To me it sounds like something has gone awry with your magnetic variations in FS. The magvar problem. Have you tried any other/default aircraft to see if they encounter the same problem?If you see it on others as well, did you try to remove the PMDG NG and test again? If it's the NG it should be fine with it removed. If nothing else remove it and reinstall it to see if that solves your problem.Have never had this problem myself so I'm pretty much useless here. ;-) Thought I should share some ideas though...EDIT: After doing some research on this. Are you sure you didn't mistake this for the wind drift? If you have a strong crosswind aloft, say 100 knots coming in from your abeam. The aircraft heading will not match the path displayed on the navigation display (ND)Hope it helps,

Ingo-have you installed any add-on scenery lately? (freeware or payware)I've seen reports of this being caused by various sceneries - never by add-on aircraft.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest missionator

Hi!Definitely no windrfit problem! Also occurs on the ground.@Lefteris:Thanks for the quick reply. Of course I am installing new software, but the B737 is the only airplane that has problems. The default aircraft work just fine. Therefore it seems odd that a scenery should be the problem!?I am trying to attach a picture for a better understanding.Best,Ingohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/62108.jpg

Ingo-I would bet this doesn't happen on all airports - but only in a few. This is probably because the NavData were updated, and it seems you've got bad info for the particular runway you're looking at.Check the navdata pls?

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest missionator

The navdata is fine. The picture was taken at EDFH (Frankfurt-Hahn). The runway has a heading of 213 degrees, so the ND shows the correct heading for the runway. Only the bearing of the aircraft is wrong. And the offset is all over the world, not only at specific places. :-(Best,Ingo

Guest tmetzinger

>The navdata is fine. The picture was taken at EDFH>(Frankfurt-Hahn). The runway has a heading of 213 degrees, so>the ND shows the correct heading for the runway. Only the>bearing of the aircraft is wrong. And the offset is all over>the world, not only at specific places. :-(>>Best,>Ingo>>Try disabling ALL of your add-on scenery in the scenery library, please. If that fixes the problem, then re-enable one layer at a time.