Sign in to follow this  

Aircraft Reflections

Hey all.I can't seem to get reflective textures to work on my system. I've played around withe T&L settings, number of lights, etc., none seem to work. Here is my (relevant) system specs:Celeron 566256MB SDRAMVoodoo5 5500 PCIAny ideas? Thanks a lot.Pete

I think this is how I do it:1. Find imagetool.exe, mine's in a sub folder: fs2002/gmax/flightsim/gamepacks/flightsimRun imagetool.exe and go File/open - and browse to the texture folder of your chosen FS2k2 aircraft - if there is a file with a _t at the end of the file name (eg. C172_T.bmp) - open that file. Then go to Image/Alpha channel and click invert - save the change.Do this for all of the aircraft and all of their texture folders, and all of the files with a _t at the end of the file name.2. Go to your display.cfg (in your fs2k2 main folder) and change the entry for the Voodoo 5 to this:;----------------------------------------------------------------------; 3dFX Voodoo 5;----------------------------------------------------------------------[0000121a:00000009]DXTn=1MultiTexture=1TexGen=13. Start the sim and go to settings/display and make sure all check boxes are checked under hardware - mipmapping, T&L, antialiasing etc.4. Go to the aircraft tab in display settings and make sure reflections are checked.Tiresome yes - but essential to enjoy reflective textures with the V5.With a V5/5500 AGP this gives me chrome reflections and delightful sunset water reflections as well. If you find an aircraft (usually a third party) that displays excessive chrome effects, go back to those textures and reverse them again.(TIP: If you use 3dfx tools, do to 3dfx advanced features, and set level of detail bias (LOD) to +2 and maximum buffered frames to 2. Use 2x anti-aliasing. Set max frame rate at 17 - this gives me silky smooth graphics.)Good LuckPH

Wonder if this will work:[a href=http://homepage.ntlworld.com/philip.hawkey/screenshots.htm] src=cessna_t.jpg" width="250" height="25[/a]

it works great! thanks a lot.

there is one small problem though, it seems that now ALL of the planes have the chrome effect, and to tell ya the truth, a chromed cessna looks kind of silly :) is there anyway of just chroming certain aircraft? thanks

Guest Sabadin

You have to use imagetool on the Cessna also. For some reason the V5 does the FS2002 alpha channels inverted, never quite understood why.

ya know, forget the chromes, its too much of a pain, im getting a new comp in about a month and a half, and its got a geforce4 and a p4 2.5ghz, so everything should be fine then, thanks to all who helped out