Sign in to follow this  
JiBrady

Problem with the B1900D, on my system

I have a strange problem with the B1900D on my system. My system is a AMD 1.4 GHZ, video card is Gforec 3 (64 MB), and operating system is XP.I have about 30 airplanes that I can choose from, the B1900d is one of them. At first, after selecting the B1900D, FS9 starts up without any problems. Sometime during the flight I start using the "S" key to select other views. Then, all of a sudden my system freezes. There is no forward motion of the airplane over the ground. The frame counter is frozen showing mabe 13 FPS, but nothing except engine sound is happing. My keyboard is frozen, I can not change the view (S-key) ETC. If I wait several minutes (maybe 3), it un-freezes, and once again I see airplane movement. I can also cause the freeze by moving around in the VC (as well as trying to select various outside views).However, I can fly the default KING AIR, even over my Mega Scenery "Souther California", with all display settings set to max, with out any problems. So I can not understand why the B1900D even when flying in the generic scenery areas cause the system to freeze.I have downloaded and reinstalled the product 3 times. No fix.Any ideas of what I should try? PDMG suggested re-installing, but I can report that did not help. Perhpas it does not like my GForce 3, or AMD chip? Thanks,Jibrady

Jibrady,how's the cooling of your system? If you have marginal cooling it could cause you to freeze up a bit until things cool off.

Pete,Thanks for the suggestion, however the "heat" problem would not be specific to this one airplane. I have not observed any freeze when running any of my other airplanes, it only happens when using the B1900D. The failure is seen each time I use this aircraft.Thanks,jibrady

Guest Gideon P

I'm also experiencing this problem.When cycling views with the 'S' key, the sim hangs just before going to 2D panel view.It also happens when in 2D panel view and trying to look backwards.I think it only occurs when I use the VC + Cabin model.My system specs:AMD 1800 XPAsus 8200T2 (GeForce3 Ti200/64MB) Nvidia drivers v53.03512MB RamI hope PMDG can find a fix for this problemGideon