Sign in to follow this  
Guest gbaglietto

PMDG Beech 1900D Sounds...

Guest gbaglietto

Hi, I think its a very nice aircraft, the retrofit on the reality xp gauges is awesome. I just bought it. The only thing that I didnt like a bit. (might sound picky) are the sounds. Is there any scheduled improvement on these?I have the Aerosoft ATR, i think there isnt a best turboprop sound than these for FS. The reson is they rendered the prop rpm pitch change very well. I dont use them in the PMDG because they might both be Pratt and Wittney engines, but the PT-6 doesnt sound the same as the PW-120 ones in the ATR. Though i dont know why people who make turboprop sound enhancements disregard this function, and when you change the rpm pitch its so very imperceptible, when in a turboprop engine the rpm prop pitch change is very noticeable.I think its a great package, but i still think the sound could be a little bit better. And I wanted to express this to see if anyone else agrees with me.

Guest rog74

Don't forget to sign your posts.Which sim are you using ? I have a completely different experience between FS2002 and FS2004 as far as the sound is concerned. Primarily, sound is terrible in 2002, yet excellent in 2004.Do you have any of the issues stated in the following thread: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=38248&page=4Good Luck,Roger

Guest gbaglietto

I think I didnt get to explain myself correctly, the sounds are ok, the rendering is very good, not excelent but very good. Yes I use fs2004, yes I have a good sound card, what I'm stating here is why Microsoft and so many add on products who release turboprop packages with very fine sounds, dont correctly place the prop sound where it goes, and when you do an RPM increase or decrease, you should get the difference, and not just like a jet, when you increase/decrease the throttle. I hope you follow me on here. Suppose you take off, and you get positive rate of climb, gear up... next step is to reduce RPMs, ok you reduce them.... same sound!? that shouldn't happen.-Gabriel

Guest Spinner

I agree. Unfortunately the sound doesn't change like it should with changing RPM. This applies to all the MS aircraft too: the 182, Baron, Mooney and King Air. The 'Prop' fields in the sound.cfg files simply aren't used.The Aerosoft ATR does this perfectly. The distinctive lowering in sound pitch is there when bringing back the RPM from 100% to 86% and subsequently 77% for cruise. The Frolov Dash-8 does this fantastically too, just like the real thing. It gets much noisier when increasing RPM from 900 to 1200 on final.The present sound.cfg files base the change in sound on N1, or manifold pressure in the case of the piston aircraft. They ignore changes in prop RPM which, let's face it, make the most noise on a prop job.There are entries in the PMDG B1900 sound.cfg file that reference non-existent files, e.g. [JET_WHINE.1.00]filename=tp1a - missingetc.[JET_WHINE.1.02]filename=tp3a - missingetc.[GEAR_UP_WARNING_SOUND]filename=tpgear - missing, tpgwarn.wav maybe?etc.I realise this is an Express product but it certainly isn't of the high standard we've come to expect from PMDG. Please could you look into this?Kind regards,Alan

Guest gbaglietto

Thanks Alan for backing up my opinion, I hope PMDG thinks over onto this issue.

I have a weird problem with the engine sound of this plane: the left engine is silent, except during the start-up procedure and when I reduce the throttle. Did anyone elese encounter this problem?