Sign in to follow this  
Guest cugnolo

Can't insert speed restriction on clb page...

Guest cugnolo

Hi fellow pilots, do you guys have the same problem I have when I try to change the 250/10000 to 200/10000?I get an invalid message when I try.Isn't this value supposed to change on pilots input?:-zhelpThanks,Davehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/62207.jpg

Hi DaveI think you are trying to insert a speed lower than the minimum speed for climb as set on the performance limit page (or PERF LIMITS). This page and the values can be accessed through PERF INIT, and cycle to page 2. For climb this defaults to Min 210/.400 and Max 340/.820. These settings are actual values for the Classic series as the performance limits are stored in the engine/aircraft database on the newer NGs. As there is no database in the PNDG bird the old values apply.To solve your problem you have to decrease your minimum speed for climb on the PERF LIMITS page to 200/.400 and then go to CLB and change your SPD REST speed and altitude.EDIT: Bill Bulfer's "FMC Guide" also states that the minimum speed the FMS will fly is 210 knots for SPD REST. But this apparently applies to version 8.0 and below of the software. As PMDG is simulating the 10.3 version I don't know if the same rule applies. UIf that's so maybe you have your problem here!Hope it helps,

Guest cugnolo

Thank you Mats, I'll try that later on and if I don't post again then that means everything is ok.Thanks again and......"may the wind be at your back and the sun upon your face"David

Guest cugnolo

Hi Mats, tried what you suggested but the FMC wont allow the change in the perf limits page but I can insert only the minimum climb speed which is 210 knots as you've already said before in the clb page instead.I'm so corious to know if you can decrease these values on the real thing by selecting lower climb speeds.Anyway thanks a lot and take care,Davidhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/62255.jpg

Guest tmetzinger

>Hi Mats, tried what you suggested but the FMC wont allow the>change in the perf limits page but I can insert only the>minimum climb speed which is 210 knots as you've already said>before in the clb page instead.Actually, you can insert a speed higher than 210 on the climb/cruise/descent PERF INIT page 2, but 210 is the minimum you can enter.

David,As I said in my first reply to you, these figures are based on the Classic (-300/-400/-500) as each individual NG has it's own data base with the individual performance specs and engine specs. But it's in the same ball park!Hope it helps,