Sign in to follow this  
Guest whoareyou310

737 FMC???

Guest whoareyou310

Just a question as to how FS9's ATC works in correlation with the FMC, in order for the ATC to file you and direct you to your destination do you stilll have to create flight plan in FS?? how does that work if you create a flight plan just in the FMC, does the FS ATC recognize that??thanks,joe

Guest tmetzinger

>Just a question as to how FS9's ATC works in correlation with>the FMC, in order for the ATC to file you and direct you to>your destination do you stilll have to create flight plan in>FS?? how does that work if you create a flight plan just in>the FMC, does the FS ATC recognize that??>>thanks,>>joeThey're completely separate. If you create a flight plan in FS, you still have to create the same plan in the FMC.Be aware that FS ATC will not manage your altitude as well as you'd like, so if you let the FMC manage your altitude in VNAV, you'll get scolded by ATC.Be ready to do a lot of flying in LNAV and use LVL CHG or VS to work with FS9 ATC.Lots of times that's how you do it in real life, too!

Guest whoareyou310

so there is no way of linking the FMC to the FS9 created flight plan then? joePS--Is there anyway to make Flight plans that are compatible with both the FMC and FS ATC?

Guest whoareyou310

So basically what you are saying is that I can geneate flight plans using FSnavigator then export the exact same plans to the FMC and FS9? The reason I ask all of this is that I am a student and don't have time to sit down and create two sets of flight plans and make sure they are both the smae for atc's sake. I want to buy the 737 badly, but am just unsure as to the complexity of the FMC.(I am sure I will have no problem with it, but I just want to be able to use the FS ATC and AI traffic. Can you give you give me a little more info please, I would greatly appreciate it.joe

Guest jason2112

You can also use the freeware version of FSBuild to create flight plans for both FS9 and the 737NG FMC, as far as I remember.Edit: I just wanted to add that I actually like entering the flight plan into the FMC, it's a good way to become familiar with your planned route.VOlker :]