Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrunoF

Celebrating the first flight of the 747

Yehaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thats what Im talking about.A question: Will it have IRS alignment?Ramon.

Guest BodoM

an old Delta 747-200 (no longer in service at Delta of course) Delta never operated 747-200. They only had 747-132 in their fleet between 1971 and 1977.___________________________Regards,Bodo M

Guest Marc Harrington

Ray,too early to say... We will keep you updated. Once the 737-800/900 is out, you'll see and hear about a lot more progress.

Well, well, well, Speedbird 9 DELTA VICTOR is not grounded :-) ,Hi Lee.Like Lee I also enjoyed the Queen of the Skies from that other company and although they are to recreate it, and the tripple 7 for FS9 I look forward to the PMDG version.I regret to say that since the A320 I have not bought any of their aircraft and since the arrival of PMDG it is unlikely I will make future purchases there.I look forward to the 747 roll out safe in the knowledge that you have the 737 under your belt now so FS should not spring any big surprises and by now you should know what your virtual drivers like in your aircraft :-)Now if only the frame rates of the 747 would match the 1900D :-lolDave

Guest Julian McCoy

hmmm, very nice, i always was a fan of the 747, cant wait to see pics of the plane itself

Andrea, This is the 2D cockpit. Now, you must understand why you are presented with a image that is slightly angled, the reason for this is because it's *rendered* using 3D Studio Max, it's a working image and can be *rendered* correctly like you desire for the final product, in other words, the angle is dynamic while it's contained with 3D Studio Max but the final bitmaps produced can be reflected in the traditional fashion (angles of direction). Hope this makes sense ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Guest Franken

I never got into the really big jets for one reason - I could never find the time to fly the long flights that they are made for, and I hate accelerated time. But since I totally adore your 737 you can be sure that this 747 will be my first big jet. There must be a few operators out there that fly at least some short flights with it. :)

There is a solution to this problem of long haul flights, provided you don't repeat it to anyone else: Plan, fuel, do check list, pushback, start, taxi, take off, climb and at your first cruise level disappear from your cockpit. Make sure you noted down the timing for your step climbs and start of descent so as to visit your cockpit when you are required. On a trans Pacific flight you can read a good book, use real time and land without jet lag...Now you can buy your 744, and even your wife won't mind!

Marc !This Heavy One haunt my dreams at night!Purchased recently the 737NG, cant wait for this one...Bravo, Bravo!...Regards,

Hi Dave,Long time no hear !>>Well, well, well, Speedbird 9 DELTA VICTOR is not grounded:-)<>>Like Lee I also enjoyed the Queen of the Skies from that othercompany and although they are to recreate it, and the tripple7 for FS9 I look forward to the PMDG version.<>I regret to say that since the A320 I have not bought any of>their aircraft and since the arrival of PMDG it is unlikely I>will make future purchases there.<>I look forward to the 747 roll out safe in the knowledge thatyou have the 737 under your belt now so FS should not springany big surprises and by now you should know what your virtualdrivers like in your aircraft :-)<>Now if only the frame rates of the 747 would match the 1900D:-lol<

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png

"you are giving to me a bad news. As I said, I prefer ortogonal (not angled) overhead panel in 2D mode."I think you may have misunderstood Randy's message, Andrea. The image is in a format which can (and probably will) be straightened up/normalized in the finished product.Having said that, consider what the real captain has to endure....http://members.ozemail.com.au/~b744er/Over...aptainsView.jpg(Shot taken from normal head height/position).An ergonomic nightmare!Cheers.Ian.

Guest Franken

Aha, sounds like a plan. :)