Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nav LT

PMDG EXPRESS B1900D and Go Flight

Guest Nav LT

Being a PMDG 737 flyer, I know that Go Flight equipment does not work entirely with it and so leads me to this question.Does the B1900D use the MSFS codes so that I could use my 1200 dollars worth of Go Flight equipment with it? I so love the 737, however I find myself hesitant to purchase another plane unless I know its compatibility.Thanks for your time.James

Guest Marc Harrington

The B1900D uses default MSFS parameters, so it should work with your hardware.Just out of curiosity, which of the GoFlight equipment does not work with the 737?Cheers!

Guest Nav LT

Marc, Thank you for that information. That sure is making my money want to leap out of my wallet even more.As far as what Go Flight equipment doesn

I know it's almost impossible, but I wish we could get add-on developers to use a standard for input/output systems so that hardware developers could tie in.Imagine a world where PMDG, PSS, CaptainSim, etc. etc. aircraft interacted 100% with GoFlight modules and the Aerosoft MCP systems...Imagine a world where the aircraft above interfaced smoothly with Project Magenta glass cockpit software and the advanced EPIC hardware interfaces used by complex home cockpit builders...Imagine all the sim stuff... living in har-mo-NEEEEEEEE.(smack)Then I woke up. If they all worked together, then people could use all the different materials to create an ultimate sim cockpit at home with minimal problems. Of course I know that the complexity of the task to standardize the i/o systems are huuge, especially with fully custom panels and autopilots being used.Just daring to dream!-Greg

Guest Olivier

Everything works with the Beechcraft, I confirm that.As far as the 737 goes, I am waiting that GoFlight realises their new key mapper which will allow the user to map keys to the rotary buttons of the RF-RP48 module. This means that, with a couple of those modules, we will be able to run the autopilot and the map display (range - type of display). Only problem : having to but two extra of those expensive modules :-(The great thing would be able to map keys on the MCP module itself...Olivier

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Greg,there has been an interesting discussion about this in this thread:http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...p?TID=6248&PN=1What is worth mentioning as well is that in the real avionics world, it is also working somewhat close to what we have in FS: proprietary interfaces, supposed to be compatible to each other since they are following a standard (read: like OpenGL proprietary extensions to the standard...), and which often lead to a single manufacturer equipped cockpit...(full Honeywell, or full Collins, or soon full Garmin G1000 for example)...Hope this helps!