Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bert

Sacving and resuming a flight en-route (Tipps & Tricks-section)

Guest Bert

Hi all together!In the remarked section "India" of the PMDG-homepage there are hints to restore a flight en-route stating that the A/P will be in CMD-mode after the restoration of the flight. Have a look here please:java script:popUp('http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/support/I.htm')After several tests (version 1.3 of 737-600/700) I cannot agree to that posting. No CMD-mode, no ALT hold and in fact no HDG SEL in SPD mode... The plane always comes up with no A/P active, diving int o the deep of the airspace and with no controlled steering.What's wrong here? Can anyone provide help here?Thanks in advance!BertFlightsimulatorclub FSC e.V.www.fsc-ev.de

Guest Jacek_KORD

I'd love to get to know about this as well.Jacek Gawecki

Hey Bert,First off, I'm using 1.2, so not sure if that's the difference...Also, before loading the the PMDG 737NG, I loaded a flight with the default Cessna, completely powered off. I believe this has the effect of resetting the FS internals so complex addons like the PMDG work more reliably.I was successful at saving and restoring a flight. I was level at altitude with CMD mode engaged (also HDG HLD, ALT HLD) and saved the flight. When I loaded that flight, the CMD mode was engaged and I believe ALT HLD, and HDG HLD at the minimum were engaged (I can't verify what other modes were engaged right now- I'm on a different machine). It did not save the values I had dialed in for heading, altitude, ect; but the CMD mode was engaged.You will lose any FMC settings you had at time of saving, but you can setup the FMC after loading by following the tips in the section you referenced. I find this saving useful for practicing approaches. Save a flight on approach to airport, and practice any ILS, VOR or other IFR approaches.Good luck!>Hi all together!>>In the remarked section "India" of the PMDG-homepage there are>hints to restore a flight en-route stating that the A/P will>be in CMD-mode after the restoration of the flight. Have a>look here please:>>java script:popUp('http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/support/I.htm')>>After several tests (version 1.3 of 737-600/700) I cannot>agree to that posting. No CMD-mode, no ALT hold and in fact no>HDG SEL in SPD mode... The plane always comes up with no A/P>active, diving int o the deep of the airspace and with no>controlled steering.>>What's wrong here? Can anyone provide help here?>>Thanks in advance!>>Bert>Flightsimulatorclub FSC e.V.>www.fsc-ev.de>

Guest Bert Groner

Hi Craig!Thanks for this. I will try to rework this later on. Maybe scetion I has to be enhanced with that information for a better simmers benefit?Thanks and have a nice weekend!Bertwww.fsc-ev.de

Guest Bert Groner

Hi Craig and all other readers!I've now tried to work as Craig described... With no positive effect: The 737 comes up uncontrolled any time no matter whether FS 2004 has been started with a cold & dark Cessna or not.So I have to ask for assistance here furhtermore - especially by the staff of PMDG.Thanks; read you later on ;-)Bert