Sign in to follow this  
Guest Groundcrew

PMDG 737NG Sound problem.

Guest Groundcrew

Hello All. Can anyone help me out? FS9 sounds perfect until I change to my PMDG 737. Then all hell breaks loose with the sound. Huge static, broken muffled sound and a banshee wail. I've got new drivers but no change. Can anyone help please? :-zhelpSemper en excretum, solo profundum variat!

Guest Ray CYYZ

Run DXDIAG and slip your Sound Acceration slider to a lower level. That generally fixes 99% of sound problems.This wouldn't be a Creative Sound Blaster Live eh?Ray

Guest Groundcrew

Thanks Ray,You must be psychic! A soundblaster card it is. Have you had problems like this before?Semper en excretum, solo profundum variat!

Guest Ray CYYZ

Yep, after *YEARS* of frustration with my Soundblaster cards, I found this little tidbit mentioned in the Audigy2 documentation that seemed to clearly imply that there is no hardware acceleration functions on the previous generation of cards.The humor is that DirectX has ALWAYS been set as if there *IS* hardware acceleration within the hardware.Moving the slider within DxDiag to a position that disables this Hardware Acceleration (basic) results in a much stabler system because the software is not forced to emulate what you have told it is there when it is not.I'm not sure I will ever understand the real issue as it is rather unlikely Creative is going to confess to fibbing all these years but having upwards of 300+ games I can clearly state that 99% of all my problems tie back to that DirectX setting, not the drivers for the cards (of which I have had pretty much every variation over the years).The Audigy2 does not seem to have this problem, but then again it seems to spell out within it's documentation that it is a new *feature* so it is quite likely that all previous products did have these issues.This is generally seen as static, random crashes, bad sound, etc.It generally *always* gets blamed on something else because sound cards are not given much in the way of focus from a troubleshooting standpoint, yet they are probably even more critical then video problems.If Creative cares to debate this point, I still have a closet full of their cards that I can reproduce problems on till the cows come home ;) The Audigy2 is the first card that did not exhibit these issues (so perhaps they have finally resolved the issues).Ray

>Run DXDIAG and slip your Sound Acceration slider to a lower>level. That generally fixes 99% of sound problems.>>This wouldn't be a Creative Sound Blaster Live eh?>>RayI have "SoundBlaster Live!" and had exactly the same problem.I did a search in this forum and found this answer, tried it (move acceleration to "basic") and voila ! Runs smooth now.OK back to my glass cockpit immersion now ...Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vateud.org/images/vatsim-eurs.gifhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Guest Groundcrew

Thank you all for your help. Tried the lot..... nothing. Drivers installed, drivers uninstalled. Direct X slider up, down and sideways. Have now given up and bought a new soundcard.

Kyp-time now to put all your tutoring to good use:Get yourself a nice PMDG supporter banner now! :-)

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg