Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Request for PMDG development team

Paul,The 737NG has one of the most realistic Reverser Animations I have seen? It works just like the real aircraft as near as I can see. Not sure what else your looking for here. As far as Wing flex, this has been discussed at length in many previous threads and it boils down to what you want in a simulation. If you want wing flex, something else gets sacrificed. We decided wing flex (which is not readily visible on any 737 flights i've been on recently) was low on the priority list compared to other features we opted to include. Run a forum search for Wing flex if you want additional details on that discussion.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest DanWalloch

What has to get sacrificed???? And to A32X, you think the A300 is neat.......just wait a little longer....not much though....

for what it's worth...the day PMDG does a wing bending thing, is the day they loose me as a customer - period.out of all the hundreds of things that can make this sim more immersive from the pilots point of view (systems, fluidity, etc...) this type of effect does, in my mind, not even remotely make the list.wing bending :-roll

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest A32X

Hi,With regard to the reversers Paul, they deploy fully, and are not dependant on engine rpm as such (How many times you hit F2.) When you return to idle thrust the reverser doors stay open for some time while the engine slows up before closing, I didn't know the 737NG already had these features.With regard to wing flexing, I think this feature is pretty cool, especially if it's not overstated and not assigned to gear compression etc. Also wing bending is a realistic feature of all swept wing airliners. For example take the 757 with its relatively short wingspan, if you fly through some moderate turbulence your going to see the wing tip bouncing all over the place. (I

"Perhaps PMDG should offer a model with no exterior to stop frames dropping with future releases?"To me, that would be fantastic. If they indeed do this it would mean either a lower price point or deeper systems development. Or in the ideal case, both. You are talking to someone who, over several months, explored the idea of the aircraft model actually being a simple rectangular black box. Since one does not fly from the exterior of the aircraft, I found these experiments right down my line. FPS is an issue for all of us, if wing flexing saved frame rates, I would buy it. If they did not impact rates or, more likely, reduced them, I will not.The simple reason is this, wasted man hours. Way too many other things that would have much greater impact on what this sim is meant to do - you, flying an aircraft from the flightdeck.For those engrossed in operating an aircraft from any other place than the pilots seat, allow me to suggest the following:http://photoneffect.com/virtrc/I am sure you will find this much more to your liking. :-)

Guest fturner

Through the extensive tests that we have done with the "new" animations, including wing flexing, we have not noticed any fps drop and if there is, it would be around 0.1 fps.The majority of people who use flight sim enjoy the visual aspects of fs just as much as flying from the deck. I myself would be perfectly happy with just a box in the air as I do most of my flying from there as well. But as development groups go, we must appease to the majority out there.Perhaps it would be better to continue this thread over at SGA's website as this is PMDG's forum.best regardsFraser Turner

Well I woulden't buy an aircraft without an external model. I do most of my flying in the cockpit but when the autopilot is flying, I enjoy going into the tower view (with active camera) and seeing a flyby view of my 737 as it passes the camera. Or going into spot view and admiring the external model and the weather. I guess I like the realism of a good panel and the eye candy of the model. Andrew.

Guest ba747heavy

Dan,I believe that there is a limit to the number of polys that can be in a MSFS .mdl file, and I think that PMDG ran up against that limit with there model. Hence, they couldn't add the polys needed to animate some of the extra floof, like wing flex.

Paul,Just to be clear, The Thrust Reverser on the 737NG Deploy fully when reverse thust is selected on the ground (F2) just like the real thing, and stow when selected (F2 again) like the real 737. There is no protection to keep the sleeve from stowing without the engine returning to idle thrust (like the real thing). The engine is protected by a bleed that dumps any excess pressure built up in the compressor just in case you had to come out of reverse early. Having never worked the A300 I can't say for certain that it is the same but all the aricraft I do work on have similar types of systems including the A320. I have yet to run into an aircraft with reverser spool down protection (not to say it doesn't exist). Normally this is the crews responsibility and would make for an ugly abort if you had to go around after selecting reverse thrust for some reason. (yes I know this is against most operators SOP's) Not a likely situation, but I doubt the FAA would allow for it regardless. " Tower, were aborting the landing, but we have to wait 7 seconds for the engine to spool down so we can get out of reverse. " :-lolJust my 2 cents.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest cwra6

My $.02: I couldn't care less about dynamic wing flexing. A good cockpit envornment with a true pilot's view. That get's me going. Colin Ware

agreed Colin,I am sure PMDG sees the light -wing flexing? ain't gonna to happen ;-)