Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMy Li

Transition Altitude...

Guest ToMy Li

Hello mates... When Im reaching the transition altitude (FL180 or FL060 in Europe) I should set the altimeter to 1013 mb or hp, but my question is... In the real life how is this procedure? :-8 A) Do I set 1013 mb and after press STD button? :( Or only I must press STD button, without change the altimeter? Thanks Pilots

Guest ChristophIllmer

Hi,the transition altitude isn't 6000 feet everywhere in Europe. E.g. in Germany it is 5000 feet, in Austria it is even up to 11000 feet at some airports. Once you approach the transition altitude you would simply press the STD button. In real life you would then adjust the pressure setting on the standby altimeter to 29.92 or 1013 and check with your FO that you both are passing the same altitude.

Guest ToMy Li

Ohhh I see.. ThankS alot!!! :-bigangel