Sign in to follow this  
Guest belgiantechnicians

Boeing PMDG paint

Guest belgiantechnicians

Does anyone have paint experiences with the PMDG paint kit modification, for own design?I've tried to repaint some of their paintkit figures, but when i paste them into the directory of the aircraft selected to be modified, i see only the plane without any paint.The format they deliver in the kit is a 32 Bits, but with my paint shop pro 7.0 i don't know how to resave them in a 32 bits, as i only can go up to 24 bits. Is this the reason why i don't see any paint?Thanks for any help.Regards,Kim.:-zhelp

You should be able to save it as bitmap with alpha.. (that's 32 bit) then pass it to imagetool and convert it to DXT3. For sure photshop can do it, but I'm pretty sure PSP does it too. Bye, Luca

Guest belgiantechnicians

One (maybe stupid) thing to ask, is that i don't know what you mean with ALPHA...I've tried to save it in the BMP file, which is indeed convertible with image tools, but when i select a DXT3 format, i receive an error during that operation.Could you please support me with some more details?Thanks for your kind help.Rgds,and thx.

Guest thscholz

Kim,as I use Paint Shop pro 7.0 too, I'm going to tell you how I do it:Open the PSD file and paint it in Paint Shop Pro. Then save it, merge all the visible layers and copy/paste it into the TGA file. Don't save the PSD after merging the layers!The TGA file contains the alpha channel. Load the TGA into DXTBMP (a freeware program you can find on the net) and save the TGA in the desired format (DXT3 or Extended 32 bit 888-8) as the corresponding file (like pmdg_700_fuse_t.bmp). Before saving you should uncheck the option "Include mips".Hope this helpsThomas

Guest ssa

Thanks Thomas,I was looking for that info.