Sign in to follow this  

ATC voice speed up?

Guest Joshieca

Any way to speed up the voice of the ATC in FS2002?I know you can change the speed of the overall sim to like 2X or 4X but then it cuts off the message...any way to make just the voice go faster?

Guest Tim W

What, and have the controller sound like a chipmunk?Tim

You can decompile the gvp and run each wav file through a sound editing program (CoolEdit etc), resampling them to run with a faster speed (but no higher pitch). But this will take a very looooong time... :)ckfly

Guest Joshieca

Ok thanks....its just that in real life ATC voices are seldom at the same speed. Depending on traffic conditions, the controller will speak faster if required. I just thought that there might be an easy way to speed up the voice.Thanks...[div align=center]http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif

I wish there was an easy way to do this too. I fly a C172 locally here in the Denver area, and got flight following last weekend from Denver Approach. Talk about "speed listening", it's just constant chatter and very fast. FS2002 seems nice and leisurely after that- and that's not so bad either :)Bruce.

i usually have my atc setting at 95%-100%, so there is constant chatter, there are times when i wish they would speed up, unfortunatly, there isnt any real way of making the atc smart in the speed they say things, i mean, you could speed up the amount of words said in a certain time depending on the amount of traffic in the area, but again, you could end up with jumbled sentences